No announcement yet.

2022-23 Shocker Non-Conference Record Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can get one bad practice. It happens, but how was that not addressed and allowed to continue?

IB pleaded with them? Grow a ****ing pair and be the head man!

Hell, I played on a MS team that was held more accountable for practice effort than IB apparently does to what are supposed to be top level D1 athletes. My HS coach surely wouldn't tolerate prolonged practices like that. But here we have IB simply begging his players to do better.

The only begging that should be done at this point is Saal to the big money donors to help him fund a removal so we can get the ship going in the right direction again.

I think we have some potentially decent pieces to work with, but I don't care if the entire team transfers if we move on from IB and bring in the right guy. Shocker Nation will support a struggling team that puts forth effort and is building towards something better.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am really concerned that the dialog from IB never changes. The “guys”, never the team or the players. The “guys” sounds like a bunch of college roommate buddies talking. Always apologizes never gets outwardly pissed. I guess what I am saying is his communication skills are not head coach quality. I think most of us longtime fans recognize his coaching skills are also subpar, but he is a nice guy. I also question if he can motivate the players. FHCGM was the best motivator!

Comment

That's another thing. Nice guys can be successful. But they also still have to be able to push buttons and motivate. I never got to be a D1 athlete, but I've had coaches that I still love and respect to this day. They were fair and you knew they care about you, but they sure as hell weren't afraid to do what was needed to teach you and push you to be better. They weren't afraid to challenge you or discipline you when necessary. But for the most part, they were kind and likable and treated you with respect, but not with kids gloves.

You don't have to be as intense as a 3G, but you can't be a pushover with no backbone like IB comes off as.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think Isaac is so used to being the yin to Gregg’s Yang that he just can’t be what he needs to be. Maybe it’s his personality and why he was able to work so well with Gregg.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We are at the halfway point and time for an assessment.

Kepom Ratings (Sunday, November 27)
            Wichita State = 85

Wins = 4
            #327-Central Arkansas
            #156-Tarleton State
            #108-Grand Canyon (Hall of Fame Classic)
            #81-Richmond

Losses = 2
            #275-Alcorn State
            #89-San Francisco (Hall of Fame Classic)

STILL TO BE PLAYED:
            Most Likely Win
            #361-Miss Valley State
            #241-Texas Southern
            #176-Longwood

Likely Win
            #37-Missouri

Toss-Up
            #33-Oklahoma State

Likely Loss
            none

Most Likely Loss
            #51-Kansas State

I went with 8 wins or less originally. In order to get there, we will need to take a win from one of the three from Missouri, Oklahoma State, and/or Kansas State.

Comment

Agree with most of this, except I think the Shox most likely lose 2 of the 3 games against KState, Mizzou, and Oklahoma State. Need to avoid a let down against the other three teams.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X