Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Exhibition Thread: vs. Newman University (11/02/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Exhibition Thread: vs. Newman University (11/02/22)

Date: Nov 2 (Wed) 7:00 P.M.
    Exhibition: vs Newman
    Mascot: Johnny the Jet
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM
    TV: None
    Shockers: Win by 6+
    93.94%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    3.03%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    3.03%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    0%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    0%

The poll is expired.

Bored. Going to toss out my wild a** guess for a starting line-up: Porter, Pierre, Walton, Okafor, Pohto.

Comment

Think it will be closer than a lot expect
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Think it will be closer than a lot expect
        God, I hope not. Newman is picked dead last in the MIAA.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          Bored. Going to toss out my wild a** guess for a starting line-up: Porter, Pierre, Walton, Okafor, Pohto.
          Probably about right. I could see a number of guys getting the nod at the 2 spot.

Comment

Should have made the poll more interesting and had a Shocker +20 category. If they don’t win by 20, it will be a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              With all the recent praise for Bell, I think he may get the nod at the 2. I honestly think that's the only toss-up in the starting lineup at this point. Ricks is an option and I think Rogers would be the favorite if he were cleared.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

With all the recent praise for Bell, I think he may get the nod at the 2. I honestly think that's the only toss-up in the starting lineup at this point. Ricks is an option and I think Rogers would be the favorite if he were cleared.
                I also think Bell might get first crack at the starting SG role. It sounds like he's consistent and plays a responsible game at both ends. Likely a lower upside choice compared to Jaron Pierre, and I expect they see similar minutes regardless of who starts, but I could see IB going with the (supposedly) 'steady guy' to start games.

I could see Ricks playing minutes at both SF and SG this season given his length. If Walton is as-advertised he's probably playing close to 30 minutes a night so Ricks will need to slide down to the 2 to get on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Agree. Just a guess here from Taylor's articles. Bell sounds like a solid starter (defense, low turn overs, hopefully shoot an open set 3 too), and Pierre sounds more like a 6 man, instant offense, Ricky type who is new to our offense, and may at times make bad decisions.

Comment

Looking for 2 tickets for the Newman game. PM me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                      Looking for 2 tickets for the Newman game. PM me. Thanks in advance.
                      I have secured tickets...GO SHOX!!!

Comment

One thing out of this that I didn't think about .. Poor Bear also is still waiting on a waiver. Really crappy if someone transferring from a scholarship position to take a walk on spot where he's more comfortable living doesn't get a waiver ...

Comment

I didn't realize this game wouldn't be streamed. Guess I'm waiting until Monday.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Brown did not mention if he will play Colby Rogers, a smooth-shooting transfer from Siena who would be vying for a starting spot if he wasn’t waiting for the NCAA to rule on his waiver to play immediately following his second Div. I transfer. Senior Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who played last season at Omaha, also needs a waiver approved by the NCAA to play this year for the Shockers. On Monday, Brown said he hopes to have a final ruling for both players by the end of this week.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Brown did not mention if he will play Colby Rogers, a smooth-shooting transfer from Siena who would be vying for a starting spot if he wasn’t waiting for the NCAA to rule on his waiver to play immediately following his second Div. I transfer. Senior Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who played last season at Omaha, also needs a waiver approved by the NCAA to play this year for the Shockers. On Monday, Brown said he hopes to have a final ruling for both players by the end of this week.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                              What's the chances both receive a waiver?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X