Isaac Abidde is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Spoken like a true liberal. If you don't like what they say, shut them up.
    And I thought sports were supposed to be enjoyed by all ages, regardless of race, sex, religion, or anything thing else that makes us all unique.

I'll go back to my old white man echo chamber now, where everyone agrees with me.
    I’m not sure how you can interpret what I said as, “Liberal” or for that matter, “Conservative”out of what I said. Your statement above was closer. Winning is what most fans want to see, and older farts have been through losing enough years, over the decades, that my guess is the fan experience is most about watching a winning team. Maybe I’m wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure how you can interpret what I said as, “Liberal” or for that matter, “Conservative”out of what I said. Your statement above was closer. Winning is what most fans want to see, and older farts have been through losing enough years, over the decades, that my guess is the fan experience is most about watching a winning team. Maybe I’m wrong, though.
      And why do you think that is?

Comment

Winning absolutely is the biggest factor. But even with a winner on the court, the in game experience has to be able to win out on the battle of "watch the winning team at home or at the bar vs watch the winning team at CKA". Its ok to try to improve the in game experience to draw younger fans in ... while also working on improving the product on the court also.

Comment

Anyone remember how good Eric Hamilton used to look in these scrimmages?

Comment

Yes. He looked world class but anyone that knew anyone close to the program knew he could not grasp the complexities of an organized offense. I would think that is why he only played in scrimmages.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

And why do you think that is?
              You hate liberals?

Comment

Wrong quote so disregard the my last entry is.

Comment

Man, some of you need to sit on the couch in a fuzzy blanket with some midol and a box of dove chocolates and get a good cry in. My lord.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    This is not to be taken as a defensive comment nor an endorsement of success in the upcoming season:

The guys went hard earlier in the day. They absolutely wanted to stay healthy and try to put on a show for the fans. The kids (kids) wanted and were encouraged to have fun for 1 short scrimmage. That's it, nothing else.

Carry on.
                    Please STOP making sense and having the LEAST bit of optimism....:)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        Love the dedication! But can we get him any defense drills to do? Lol

Seriously though, love the work ethic!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Abidde has a high ceiling. I hope he's around for the new coach to work with.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Abidde has a high ceiling. I hope he's around for the new coach to work with.
                            Have some stories that my daughter has told me from the dorms last year (nothing bad...just funny). Funny and strange dude, but well liked guy over all.

Him and Kenny have been inseparable. So we will see.
                            Last edited by shockerfan; March 14, 2023, 09:36 AM.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                            X