X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Abidde is a Shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Eldridge is right, he didn't even look at the basket when it went in". But I was taught to follow my shots for rebounding purposes. I guess I was supposed to start running to the other end upon release....who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Eldridge is right, he didn't even look at the basket when it went in". But I was taught to follow my shots for rebounding purposes. I guess I was supposed to start running to the other end upon release....who knew?
        If three point shooters follow there shot it would lead to wide open run outs. 3 point shooters should shoot and then get there butts back on D

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

If three point shooters follow there shot it would lead to wide open run outs. 3 point shooters should shoot and then get there butts back on D
          Yeah, when shooting from the corner. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing this up coach Brown.

​​​​​​But honestly, this is the formula for 0 offensive rebounds and a whole bunch of loses. 5 guys should be going to the basket or blocking out a defensive player on every shot. Practice how you want to play in games, otherwise practice, is not really practice.
          While I wasn't there, every clip I've seen show zero defense, walking to the basket on shots, or jogging back to get on defense.

I see nothing encouraging from this group yet.

Comment

This is not to be taken as a defensive comment nor an endorsement of success in the upcoming season:

The guys went hard earlier in the day. They absolutely wanted to stay healthy and try to put on a show for the fans. The kids (kids) wanted and were encouraged to have fun for 1 short scrimmage. That's it, nothing else.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Yeah, when shooting from the corner. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing this up coach Brown.

​​​​​​But honestly, this is the formula for 0 offensive rebounds and a whole bunch of loses. 5 guys should be going to the basket or blocking out a defensive player on every shot. Practice how you want to play in games, otherwise practice, is not really practice.
              I certainly won't begin to be critical of our rebounding after a scrimmage. I will wait until we are rated 250 out or 351 teams to be critical of our rebounding. Gregg's teams were almost always tremendous rebounding teams (at least Top 50), and he emphasized sending 4 guys to rebound on offense and 5 on defense, so much that even the average WSU fan knew about it. Even though IB was the Big Man's coach under Gregg, rebounding hasn't been our forte the past two years, but I'm hoping with some of our new guys we will improve.

Comment

Way too much critical analysis coming from what is basically a 10 min "all star game". I'll be concerned about rebounding, defensive effort, and not following shots if they play like that Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  This is not to be taken as a defensive comment nor an endorsement of success in the upcoming season:

The guys went hard earlier in the day. They absolutely wanted to stay healthy and try to put on a show for the fans. The kids (kids) wanted and were encouraged to have fun for 1 short scrimmage. That's it, nothing else.

Carry on.
                  Semi tangent but I think we will see more and more things geared to towards families with kids and younger fans in general with the new AD. So things like a down the point, hard fought scrimmage with no frills probably aren't in the cards.

At least in the feedback group I was in, there was a lot of feedback about how to make things more family friendly. How do you make it affordable for families (like the concession 4 packs announced) or how do you make it engaging for the younger crowd. Granted, the group I was in was selected from the SASO donors under 40 (which surprisingly there are only like 80 according to ADKS). So I think there might be quite a few changes in that direction to try to build a stronger young donor and fanbase. Which from a long term look is smart. The balance that ADKS will have to manage is many of those things will be directly opposite of what many of the older fanbase will want as weve already seen from some of the complaints from the this thread and the GameDay thread. So he will have to make sure to not lose the older and likely higher donating fanbase in search of pulling in the next generation of fans.

Comment

When they are a perennial Top 25-50 team, the older fan base shuts up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      The younger fan base issue would be solved as well. Winning solves most all problems.
                      So , just win! That simple.

Comment

Unless you take their bottle caps away... Then oh boy....

Comment

Unless Shocker Madness evolves into a 20-40 minute scrimmage between the players then we will continue to see a run and shoot affair that has been the norm. No one wants to see a 10 minute running clock affair that ends in a 2 to three final score. Glad to see that other groups that participated in the Game Improvement also were concerned about attracting youngerfamily types to help grow the base. Our group was mostly the "older" grouping. Excited to see basketball getting started. Go Shocks

Comment

Spoken like a true liberal. If you don't like what they say, shut them up.
                            And I thought sports were supposed to be enjoyed by all ages, regardless of race, sex, religion, or anything thing else that makes us all unique.

I'll go back to my old white man echo chamber now, where everyone agrees with me.
                            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; October 30, 2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Unless Shocker Madness evolves into a 20-40 minute scrimmage between the players then we will continue to see a run and shoot affair that has been the norm. No one wants to see a 10 minute running clock affair that ends in a 2 to three final score. Glad to see that other groups that participated in the Game Improvement also were concerned about attracting youngerfamily types to help grow the base. Our group was mostly the "older" grouping. Excited to see basketball getting started. Go Shocks
                              Is there any school in the country that runs a 20-40 minute scrimmage, open to the public, where they play hard nose defense with legit offensive sets. I would highly doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                              X