No announcement yet.

2022-23 Coaches Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would we waste money on a private jet for a guy that is dragging down the program?

Save the money. The only recruiting that's going to matter is that of the next coach.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
      IB mentioned he was going to be gone today on a recruiting trip to California, but his connecting flights were being delayed…so he decided to come back to Wichita.

I guess no access to a private jet anymore.
      Saving for the Beard budget
      The Assman

Comment

I will say at the outset that I don't hate IB with the vitriol that some of you do, so I would love it he could/could have succeeded...that said, his coaches' show is the worst I've ever heard...that includes listening to Captain UH UH UH UH Self...both are pointless....I guess Self has more happy things to talk about...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I will say at the outset that I don't hate IB with the vitriol that some of you do, so I would love it he could/could have succeeded...that said, his coaches' show is the worst I've ever heard...that includes listening to Captain UH UH UH UH Self...both are pointless....I guess Self has more happy things to talk about...
          I don’t think I’ve seen anyone on here who hates IB or any vitriol towards him. Many believe he is not the right fit as the head coach of the Shox but I don’t recall seeing any particular hate towards IB the person.

Comment

Good man, but wrong man. That's all it is.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              Nobody hates anybody. It’s all business.

Don’t get your panties in a wad.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Good man, but wrong man. That's all it is.
                Well, it wasn't HCIB's fault, but it was also the outlandish contract for a previously inexperienced head coach. He also got some "benefits" from the COVID season that were exposed in the conference and NCAA tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well, it wasn't HCIB's fault, but it was also the outlandish contract for a previously inexperienced head coach. He also got some "benefits" from the COVID season that were exposed in the conference and NCAA tournaments.
                  What's covid got to do with winning at Tulsa that year? Houston and Memphis couldn't, remember? We also beat Houston here. Did Houston go to the final four that same year because of covid? I don't know of any intelligent fan that would claim that.

That team could win close games, this team hasn't for the last 2 years. Drake was just plain better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What's covid got to do with winning at Tulsa that year? Houston and Memphis couldn't, remember? We also beat Houston here. Did Houston go to the final four that same year because of covid? I don't know of any intelligent fan that would claim that.

That team could win close games, this team hasn't for the last 2 years. Drake was just plain better.
                    Lmao
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Nobody hates anybody. It’s all business.

Don’t get your panties in a wad.
                      Np panties, no wad...but thanks for caring, Jackson!

Comment

If the NIL could roll out $200k a player for us, we could hire a HS coach and they would win.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          If the NIL could roll out $200k a player for us, we could hire a HS coach and they would win.
                          Bingo. The game has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lmao
                            Hey, fever does have a sense of humor...

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              That should be the plan. The big donors who want a coaching change could fund the NIL package instead of a "buy-out"...then grab the players to simply test IB's coaching ability with those type of players. If he succeeds great! If he doesn't...it exposes what a lot of people thought. You're simply just shifting the funds for a fix to get the answer and possible solution...and most likely coming out even or slightly ahead on your investment when considering the short-term future.

FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

That should be the plan. The big donors who want a coaching change could fund the NIL package instead of a "buy-out"...then grab the players to simply test IB's coaching ability with those type of players. If he succeeds great! If he doesn't...it exposes what a lot of people thought. You're simply just shifting the funds for a fix to get the answer and possible solution...and most likely coming out even or slightly ahead on your investment when considering the short-term future.

We've already seen what IB can do with RC, DD, MU and ETN. What more is there to see?

Comment

Working...
                                X