2022-23 Coaches Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Keep gettin better? Can you call this team's trend line getting better? How about we stop gettin worse?
    Well... When you start the year off with a 9 point loss to Alcorn State... Losing by 10 to Oklahoma State probably falls into technically better

Comment

"If we can score 65-75 points a game, we can start to win some ballgames."

Comment

The most exciting hour of radio on the airwaves.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Oh, forgot. Gonna put in some new plays. I only caught the last 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The most exciting hour of radio on the airwaves.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

New plays? We don't execute any of the old ones. Wonder if they might try and go inside a couple times a game?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                New plays? We don't execute any of the old ones. Wonder if they might try and go inside a couple times a game?
                He's mentioned the need to play inside out in the past. It rarely happens.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Are you sure? Maybe they are trying to, but it's the plays. That's the problem with having a newbie head coach at this point and level. Did you think execution was great when we had more experienced players with an inexperienced coach? Now we still have an inexperienced coach and almost all new players coming in from all sorts of different schools (for all sorts of different reasons) and the different systems they had before. (By the way, I'm agreeing with you).

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's mentioned the need to play inside out in the past. It rarely happens.
                    We don't have a good back to the basket option. If someone does pass it inside, they usually have to pass it out. Even against bad teams who don't have a good defensive player inside. No one double teams us, and our 5 who is supposed to be an outside threat isn't good either.

That thunderous dunk by Tekele Cotton (Illinois State),off of a pass from (Carl I think), wouldn't happen today. No one is concerned about a pass inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We don't have a good back to the basket option. If someone does pass it inside, they usually have to pass it out. Even against bad teams who don't have a good defensive player inside. No one double teams us, and our 5 who is supposed to be an outside threat isn't good either.

That thunderous dunk by Tekele Cotton (Illinois State),off of a pass from (Carl I think), wouldn't happen today. No one is concerned about a pass inside.
                      We also don't reward out bigs when they do a good job and get good position. Or when they roll to the basket and are open. But we'd get a lot better looks if we did more of it. Going inside isn't all about scoring, though Pohto and Rojas are capable. But it does move the defense more when you do.

The other problem is the ball still sticks to much with the guards who are more interested in trying to create for themselves rather than moving the defense with quicker passing and creating for others, which it turn will create for them as well.

I'm still impressed with how Longwood ran their offense against us.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, new plays. Cause going into conference everybody has 2022 film on us, and we need to find ways to increase our scoring as well. Yes, I am serious

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The monster dunk at Illinois State was via Ron. REDBIRD dunk at home from an OB-under from Fred.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We also don't reward out bigs when they do a good job and get good position. Or when they roll to the basket and are open. But we'd get a lot better looks if we did more of it. Going inside isn't all about scoring, though Pohto and Rojas are capable. But it does move the defense more when you do.

The other problem is the ball still sticks to much with the guards who are more interested in trying to create for themselves rather than moving the defense with quicker passing and creating for others, which it turn will create for them as well.

I'm still impressed with how Longwood ran their offense against us.
                            Once again, we are on the same page. Agree with everything you just said. It might not be pretty to start with, we might get stuffed a few times, but I really believe there has to be some threat level to keep defenses more honest.

Comment

Never thought I'd say this but we miss Mo. We've regressed with his departure.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Never thought I'd say this but we miss Mo. We've regressed with his departure.
                                I feel about the same. I could stomach him not passing out of double and triple teams.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X