2022-23 Coaches Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Has he tried to shift blame to someone else? I can't recall seeing that.
    Him no .. talking about others. Also see my edit with my added 3rd section.

Comment

• I don't honestly see what good it does to harp on it over and over. We all see it. We know it is a deficiency. What more could be said?

Comment

I don't honestly see what good it does to harp on it over and over. We all see it. We know it is a deficiency. What more could be said?
        I think focusing on how he plans on accounting for that gap is good conversation. Trying to harp on the fact that we don't have one doesn't really help. Can't bring someone in. But if he has no plan to account for it .. its bad (not saying he doesn't). So that's where the conversation should go. It would be nice to understand more than just "coach speak" at some point and get out of the generalization of "that's not the way the game is played". I'm not sure the rest of the team is built in a way that enables us to be a PG-less team IMO. Not even other good components. Need someone on the team to be able to step up and "make others better" but driving the offense and putting people in the right positions for their strengths. That's where a good PG come in play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think focusing on how he plans on accounting for that gap is good conversation. Trying to harp on the fact that we don't have one doesn't really help. Can't bring someone in. But if he has no plan to account for it .. its bad (not saying he doesn't). So that's where the conversation should go. It would be nice to understand more than just "coach speak" at some point and get out of the generalization of "that's not the way the game is played". I'm not sure the rest of the team is built in a way that enables us to be a PG-less team IMO. Not even other good components. Need someone on the team to be able to step up and "make others better" but driving the offense and putting people in the right positions for their strengths. That's where a good PG come in play.
          HCPM has never been one to lay out his whole gameplan and explain everything to everybody out in the open. We shouldn't expect that with this situation either. Not necessarily a bad thing. Why would he want to put his gameplan out in the public? Doesn't seem smart.

Comment

HCPM has never been one to lay out his whole gameplan and explain everything to everybody out in the open. We shouldn't expect that with this situation either. Not necessarily a bad thing. Why would he want to put his gameplan out in the public? Doesn't seem smart.
            Eh .. agree to disagree. If he wants to get the roundhouse rocking again, he's going to have to be as transparent as possible .. or win. The performance Sunday did not get him started off on a good foot ( but its still early).

I understand you want to defend him, but if this year goes off the rails .. silent treatment or coach speak might be the death kneel in this program after 3 years of IB.

Also if we aren't expecting any insight into anything .. why even have a coaches show?

Comment

• I've seen all of us complain about the dribble, dribble, shoot at the end of the shot clock. Not having a true point guard will reduce that play. Player movement and ball movement will be essential to get good shots as opposed to dribble dribble shoot or dribble dribble drive.

​​​​​​Im not saying that a good distributing point guard is not vital to a team, but I believe the team preparation without a point guard could possibly create a nice team style offense. I personally enjoy teams who are in constant motion with quick ball movement as opposed to a team who relies on their point guard to either pop a three or drive to draw a foul.

Can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Eh .. agree to disagree. If he wants to get the roundhouse rocking again, he's going to have to be as transparent as possible .. or win. The performance Sunday did not get him started off on a good foot ( but its still early).

I understand you want to defend him, but if this year goes off the rails .. silent treatment or coach speak might be the death kneel in this program after 3 years of IB.

Also if we aren't expecting any insight into anything .. why even have a coaches show?
                I didn't say no insight. I said why give away any potential strategy regarding ball handling. What would be the point in that? To potentially tip off your competition just so a few fans can not get their feelings hurt?

If you are basing anything off of an exhibition game (good or bad) against Rogers State when the walk ons and bench guys played a fair amount, then it is going to be a long season for you. I am not defending anyone. But I am also not going to jump off a cliff or go overboard before the season has even started.

I get that there are some IB defenders here who are butt hurt that he was let go, but time to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  I've seen all of us complain about the dribble, dribble, shoot at the end of the shot clock. Not having a true point guard will reduce that play. Player movement and ball movement will be essential to get good shots as opposed to dribble dribble shoot or dribble dribble drive.

​​​​​​Im not saying that a good distributing point guard is not vital to a team, but I believe the team preparation without a point guard could possibly create a nice team style offense. I personally enjoy teams who are in constant motion with quick ball movement as opposed to a team who relies on their point guard to either pop a three or drive to draw a foul.

Can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

Comment

I didn't say no insight. I said why give away any potential strategy regarding ball handling. What would be the point in that? To potentially tip off your competition just so a few fans can not get their feelings hurt?

If you are basing anything off of an exhibition game (good or bad) against Rogers State when the walk ons and bench guys played a fair amount, then it is going to be a long season for you. I am not defending anyone. But I am also not going to jump off a cliff or go overboard before the season has even started.

I get that there are some IB defenders here who are butt hurt that he was let go, but time to move on.
                    I'm not sure there are actually people who were upset that IB was let go. Don't get that confused with people not being sold on the new hire. Those are two different things.

Also, the walk ons played 3 minutes. They actually probably moved the ball better than some of the scholarship players. I agree, its not a "jump off a cliff" thing .. but our starters didn't look good against a mid-tier DII team. In part because the starters alone had 10 TOs. So its ok to be concerned. That doesn't mean you are jumping off a cliff. Just means you are looking at thing as they were and not how you are hoping they will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                      ​​​​​​Im not saying that a good distributing point guard is not vital to a team, but I believe the team preparation without a point guard could possibly create a nice team style offense.
                      I like your optimism, but without a true PG ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There are people on here that have Marshall-like expectations but also were happy to see him go. stickboy would be one of those.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That's a good point. Without a PG, there is nobody to dribble dribble dribble dribble at the top of the key. That might be a good thing.

Comment

• Mills recruited a PG. Everything that's hit the public indicates his eligibility may have been in question, but was expected to have a straight forward resolution.

At that point any further PG recruits would have seen the situation as signing up to be the backup PG. That probably eliminated any that would have been acceptable to the coaching staff. There weren't that many PG's in the portal and they were in high demand.

If Mills had played reasonable rotations instead of playing everybody and playing some strange combinations, the Shox would have blown out Rogers by 40+. Getting down on the Shox because they didn't blow out a DII team in an exhibition game while not looking at why the game was as close as it was is probably a result of confirmation bias, where results are viewed as confirmation of a previously held bias.

17 turnovers is significant, but not much of a change from last year when we had a PG who's now playing for the Cavs.

What's more concerning than not having "a true PG" is the fact that we only have 10 available scholarship players and 3 of them are named Abidde, Bamba, and Ighovodja. Stuff like that can happen with a coaching change.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Who gives a **** what their names are?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Who gives a **** what their names are?
                                Because their names are associated with the skills they have shown on the court.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X