No announcement yet.

Ten Year Anniversary of Final Four Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That team was Play Angry and us against the elites of College Basketball. I will never forget watching the Gonzaga game at the bar with me and about 500 of my closest Shocker friends going nuts when we took the lead against the Zags late in the game. I will always remember the Final 4 game and still have our game tickets we had around our necks. Wow, crazy it has been almost 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      What I miss about that team (those teams) was that they worked their asses off.
      And while they were absolutely not short on confidence, they weren't really cocky. When Tekele dropped the hammer in Normal, he didn't pimp and prance and showboat. He just put his head down and ran to the other end to play defense.

Doc and I occasionally talk about the practice scene from COACH CARTER. Since when is winning not enough? You have to humiliate your opponent?
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Lots of well thought out posts here.
        Take 'em while you can get 'em.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

And while they were absolutely not short on confidence, they weren't really cocky. When Tekele dropped the hammer in Normal, he didn't pimp and prance and showboat. He just put his head down and ran to the other end to play defense.

Doc and I occasionally talk about the practice scene from COACH CARTER. Since when is winning not enough? You have to humiliate your opponent?
          Oh, Tekele was definitely out to humiliate on some of those… that happens when Jackie Chan kicks you in the face.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Oh, Tekele was definitely out to humiliate on some of those… that happens when Jackie Chan kicks you in the face.
            Don't get me wrong. Athletic arrogance is never a bad thing. You just don't have to be an ass about it.
            78-65

Comment

Don't get me wrong. Athletic arrogance is never a bad thing. You just don't have to be an ass about it.
              Being respectful is SOOOOO 10 years ago....amirite?

Comment

Dawgs gonna dawg
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tekele is one of my two favorite Shockers. I have been hoping the past years to see him play again in TBT. I am afraid that boat has sailed. That makes me sad. I will always have "Redbird".
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    Tekele is one of my two favorite Shockers. I have been hoping the past years to see him play again in TBT. I am afraid that boat has sailed. That makes me sad. I will always have "Redbird".
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You can never watch that too many times!
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

You can never watch that too many times!
                        So very true....:)

Comment

That one at the BirdBarn was a great one, but my fave is the one at home against the Dirty Birds. TC needed a cape with this one!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            That one at the BirdBarn was a great one, but my fave is the one at home against the Dirty Birds. TC needed a cape with this one!

Redbird is my favorite!!!
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

I had an outstanding view of that basket.

Comment

Working...
                              X