Ryan Horn - Strength and Conditioning Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Cool, but I still miss the Big Chief Tablet days...

Yea .. but that was back when we had JNCO sized pockets!

Comment

My wife grew up in PA and had no idea what a Big Chief tablet was. I thought everyone used those!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        My wife grew up in PA and had no idea what a Big Chief tablet was. I thought everyone used those!
        Using vintage materials —like the Big Chief writing tablet— in our artwork forces us to question why some logos and images became embedded in our cultural narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Unless dementia has something to do with it, shouldn't this post go in the cone of shame thread?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I'm literally shaking from the racism.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Unless dementia has something to do with it, shouldn't this post go in the cone of shame thread?
              Did she use a chalkboard?

Comment

Horn is going to love this

Go Shockers - VanVleet and Feilmeiers Provide Lead Gifts for Charles Koch Arena Weight Room

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State is proud to announce significant donations by Fred VanVleet, Steve and Regine Feilmeier, and Ricky and Jeanie Brotherton to the Charles Koch Arena Weight Room renovation.

The project is made possible in part through substantial lead gifts of $250,000 from Wichita State men's basketball All-American and NBA star Fred VanVleet and longtime Shocker supporters Steve and Regine Feilmeier. In addition to the $500,000 combined lead gift from VanVleet and the Feilmeiers, dedicated Shocker supporters Ricky and Jeanie Brotherton are also contributing a generous gift of $100,000 toward the project.

"The Charles Koch Arena weight room project represents a clear commitment to recruitment, development and retention of elite talent within our basketball and volleyball programs," said Director of Athletics Kevin Saal. "Sincere thanks and appreciation to Fred for his generous and transformative initial lead gift; his passion for Wichita State, our basketball program and Shocker Nation is truly inspiring. Additionally, we can't thank Steve and Regine Feilmeier and Ricky and Jeanie Brotherton enough for their steadfast loyalty and partnership in this, and many other, important projects. Their generosity directly impacts student-athlete experiences for future Shockers like Fred, and we remain incredibly appreciative."

The renovation to the Charles Koch Arena weight room includes new Shocker branded Sorinex strength equipment, performance flooring, turf, and a nutrition fueling station. The facility also includes a variety of specialized equipment and technology, to enable optimal implementation of speed, agility, conditioning, recovery, and cognitive performance training protocols.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Phenomenal!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Very cool. Good on Fred. I remember him publicly mentioning the state of the facilities at the TBT. Good to see him support the program.

Comment

Fred truly did not need to go out of his way to provide such an amazing donation. Absolute class.

Comment

I was doubtful we would ever see Fred invest in WSU due to his commitment to Rockford .. but i'm glad my doubt was unfounded. Amazing contributions here.

Comment

One other random thought .. seeing the OTHER name on the donation and knowing where he works ... makes me hopeful that some of the donor relationships that were damaged just the Jay Golden tenure are being repaired.

Comment

Working...
                          X