• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Horn - Strength and Conditioning Coach

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    He's phenomenal...

Comment

A couple or few years ago - I would have read all of those comments about each player. But now I find myself not really caring. I hate it that my interest has gone in the crapper. I'm sure it will ramp up once the season starts...hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He's phenomenal...
        That's a phenomenal reaction. Secondly, you have to get all the way to Craig Porter to find a description where he doesn't use that word.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So we have nicknames for Isaac "High Level" Brown, and now Ryan "Phenomenal" Horn

Comment

After reading the breakdown I get the feeling we are looking at a top 15 to 20 team. Nice!

Comment

Translation: If Craig Porter Jr gets hurt, we are screwed. His description looked far different than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Translation: If Craig Porter Jr gets hurt, we are screwed. His description looked far different than the others.
                Craig is always hurt, some people are just more injury prone. Hopefully our backup PG is D1 ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                  After reading the breakdown I get the feeling we are looking at a top 15 to 20 team. Nice!
                  I've heard that they are the most athletic team that we've ever put on the floor. Outside shooting is phenomenal, Team play is comparable to that of 12 unselfish veterans, all with high bbiq. I've also heard that hcib and staff have fully developed into one of the top coaching staffs at the NCAA level.
                  So all is good in shocker nation.

Hope this BS helps "pump you up!"

Comment

I could use some Bob Ritchie right about now.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Go Shockers - TRACKING THE SHOCKERS: Technology Helps Plan Basketball Workouts

Each practice, Horn sets up at a table with his laptop and an internet receiver to record data from each sensor as the Shockers run, jump and work on basketball skills. The system produces immediate feedback.

"It's a good way to see how hard people are playing in practice and how much effort we give," Wichita State guard Craig Porter Jr. said. "It gives you an idea how to get prepared for a game. Practices and games are totally different."

Customizing workouts and practices to individuals is a key benefit from the system. The physical demands of playing guard are different than center. The sensors can quantify that difference and help coaches target drills to those positions. Athletes, Horn said, may cover five to six miles in practice. However, those miles are different for guards operating on the perimeter compared to big men who are in constant contact with opponents as they battle for position, screen, defend and rebound.

"A big might accelerate a lot – run out, set a ball screen, run the floor," Horn said. "A guard has the ball in their hands a lot more – they're changing direction, changing pace, driving, kicking. That's where it's really important to understand what that athlete needs to do."
                      This actually seems pretty cool and a good way to figure out the individual needs of players in regards to training and recovery.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Go Shockers - TRACKING THE SHOCKERS: Technology Helps Plan Basketball Workouts

This actually seems pretty cool and a good way to figure out the individual needs of players in regards to training and recovery.
                        Cool, but I still miss the Big Chief Tablet days...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

*cries thinking about having that when Landry was a true freshman*
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Cool, but I still miss the Big Chief Tablet days...

Woah. That’s a blast from the past.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm literally shaking from the racism.

Comment

Working...
                              X