Ticket prices? Re-seating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket prices? Re-seating?

Anyone have an idea about how much ticket prices are going to rise for next season? What's the latest with the re-seating exercise?

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
    Anyone have an idea about how much ticket prices are going to rise for next season? What's the latest with the re-seating exercise?
    I don't know, but I got my SASO renewal and it is up about 10%.

Comment

Not 100% certain, but I heard around a 15% increase. The person that told me is somewhat trustworthy as a source...so take it as you will.

Comment

Which means at least one seat is going to open up.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There is a $600,000 to $1 million gap b/t what SASO raises and the scholarship expenses for all of the student athletes. (Any current member of SASO please correct me if I wrong.)

The gap is filled by the University.

The only practical way to completely close that gap is to re-seat the arena.

Comment

Just talked to Pauline at SASO. 316-978-7276.

Pauline said that re-seating definitely will not happen this year.

Beyond this year, a decision has not been made, whether to re-seat.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Just talked to Pauline at SASO. 316-978-7276.

Pauline said that re-seating definitely will not happen this year.

Beyond this year, a decision has not been made, whether to re-seat.
              What did they say about ticket prices?

Comment

If 3G receives an annual raise of $150K each year as appears to be the case then ticket prices will need to rise roughly 5% per year just to cover that additional expense assuming that is not being covered by some deep-pocketed supporters of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  If 3G receives an annual raise of $150K each year as appears to be the case then ticket prices will need to rise roughly 5% per year just to cover that additional expense assuming that is not being covered by some deep-pocketed supporters of the program.
                  Normally, much of the coaches contract comes from outside the department.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Don't forgot the $100,000 drop in revenue from conference too.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      What did they say about ticket prices?
                      I talked to a person in the ticket office.

"Unofficially" she said that the ticket prices will likely increase, but the decision to increase has not been made as well as the percentage amount has not been made. (A terrible sentence, but I do not feel like changing it.)
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I wish they would let us know the ticket prices before having us commit to SASO.
                        SASO is due in May, tickets in Summer, SASO is not refundable so its a catch.

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        I talked to a person in the ticket office.

"Unofficially" she said that the ticket prices will likely increase, but the decision to increase has not been made as well as the percentage amount has not been made. (A terrible sentence, but I do not feel like changing it.)

Comment

Always thought that was a pretty nice guarantee to saso.. Wishing the reseat was gonna be this year

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                            I wish they would let us know the ticket prices before having us commit to SASO.
                            SASO is due in May, tickets in Summer, SASO is not refundable so its a catch.
                            In the past I've waited till I knew what the total bill was going to be. They don't drop you if you don't pay, you get about 50 phone calls before that happens. I upped to 4 tickets last year which now equals 2 "small" SASO donations...plus tickets. I'll probably wait and see what the total damage is before I commit to 4 again or just go back to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                              In the past I've waited till I knew what the total bill was going to be. They don't drop you if you don't pay, you get about 50 phone calls before that happens. I upped to 4 tickets last year which now equals 2 "small" SASO donations...plus tickets. I'll probably wait and see what the total damage is before I commit to 4 again or just go back to 2.
                              Anyone that can afford to fly to Portland can surely afford two SMALL saso donations.

Comment

Working...
                              X