2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Fame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Fame"

Just to prove that not all news is about poor behavior and actions I thought I would start a opposite thread about uplifting behavior and actions in sports.

Here is a good one to start it off with:

I'll take human empathy every day of the week.

Comment

OUT!!! Beaned batter walked to first, then got tagged by pitcher while he was stealing!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        I'll take human empathy every day of the week.
        While there is too much bad sportsmanship going on at all levels these days. I still don't want my player going over and hugging an opponent. There's already too much of that going on in locker rooms!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Don’t fool yourself. There are still plenty of wonderful kids out there.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not sure I said or implied there wasn't. My bad if I did.

I have 2 grandsons in high school that fit that mold (so far, so good anyways).
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 13, 2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

While there is too much bad sportsmanship going on at all levels these days. I still don't want my player going over and hugging an opponent. There's already too much of that going on in locker rooms!
                Normally I would agree. But in this case with 11-12-13 year old kids I think this is a great story and a great example of sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Normally I would agree. But in this case with 11-12-13 year old kids I think this is a great story and a great example of sportsmanship.
                  I think Shocker_Power was just foolin'.

This was definitely an awesome display of class and empathy.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure I said or implied there wasn't. My bad if I did.

I have 2 grandsons in high school that fit that mold (so far, so good anyways).
                    Not at all. You just rarely here about them.

Comment

Yes, there are......

Comment

Aren't they all racist and have to be taught how wrong they are, by their schools?

Comment

Outstanding story on JD Bowles and WSU trainers by Taylor Eldridge. Now thats a real cone of fame. . Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            Outstanding story on JD Bowles and WSU trainers by Taylor Eldridge. Now thats a real cone of fame. . Go Shocks.
                            It would be helpful to link the article for those wanting to read.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Sadly, incognito mode no longer seems to work for me with the Eagle and I have to hope it pops up in one of those AOL links I find from time to time.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X