No announcement yet.

2022-23 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Shocks can get better point guard play than they did last year improvement is almost a certainty; if CP can continue his play that he ended the season with then that is a possibility. Maybe take control of the offense on some break outs. If Jamarius Burton could do it then CP can do it too.

That's kind of an unpopular position on this forum but the fact is last year our guards (shooting and point) were routinely outplayed by the opposition's guards. Kel? That situation appears to have been remedied by Head Coach Isaac Brown. There's an old expression that has stood the test of time, again and again; “What is the best thing you can do in a close game? Drive to the basket and put pressure on the defense! Not jack up jump shots” – The General.

The Shocks displayed that trait the year before last, but for some reason, last year WSU lost the close ones. No? I'm excited about the upcoming season!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      If the Shocks can get better point guard play than they did last year improvement is almost a certainty; if CP can continue his play that he ended the season with then that is a possibility. Maybe take control of the offense on some break outs. If Jamarius Burton could do it then CP can do it too.

That's kind of an unpopular position on this forum but the fact is last year our guards (shooting and point) were routinely outplayed by the opposition's guards. Kel? That situation appears to have been remedied by Head Coach Isaac Brown. There's an old expression that has stood the test of time, again and again; “What is the best thing you can do in a close game? Drive to the basket and put pressure on the defense! Not jack up jump shots” – The General.

The Shocks displayed that trait the year before last, but for some reason, last year WSU lost the close ones. No? I'm excited about the upcoming season!
      BINGO!!!!!!

Comment

These dudes are either twins or the same person.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I vote for the latter…
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I vote for the latter…
            Well, either way, at least they have each other.

Comment

As long as IB is our coach, I expect mediocrity or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well, either way, at least they have each other.
                Charlie Baileygates…
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I know some of you don't like Verbal Commits, but they post the average stars of every team's current roster, and it was a little eye opening for me.

I kind of assumed the team for this year didn't have a lot of talent but we average 2.75 stars.
                  What is interesting is this ranks 4th in the American. Narely behind SMU at 2.78 and Houston at 2.96. Memphis is of course well in the lead at 3.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                    I know some of you don't like Verbal Commits, but they post the average stars of every team's current roster, and it was a little eye opening for me.

I kind of assumed the team for this year didn't have a lot of talent but we average 2.75 stars.
                    What is interesting is this ranks 4th in the American. Narely behind SMU at 2.78 and Houston at 2.96. Memphis is of course well in the lead at 3.4.
                    So, why did we finish well below that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So, why did we finish well below that?
                      This is for this years team.

Comment

Memphis over rated once again

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Memphis over rated once again
                          False. When talking about pure talent, which the star system is, Memphis deserves their higher rankings and praise. Just because Penny isn't a good coach doesn't take away from the raw talent he acquires.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

2 years ago lost a 1 basket game in the AAC semis to Houston. Won the NIT. Last year lost to Houston in the finals. Lost a 4 point game to #1 Gonzaga in the 2nd round.

They may not live up to the hype, but they are damned good and really talented. They also have about 100 years of HEAD coaching experience on the bench this year and a basketball staff that's almost twice what we have currently.

You (and I) may not care for the fans, coaches or players and their attitudes or way they go about their business, but they're flipping good.

Comment

As much as I hate Memphis and their fans... They have completely owned us since Penny took over. That includes both under Marshall and IB.

Comment

We have had our asses kicked by those jackholes the last three games. That crap needs to stop. I’m trying to think of a worse game that I’ve seen in The Roundhouse than New Year’s Day 2022. Not sure there is an answer.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X