The Tulsa game next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tulsa game next season.

Does Tulsa having Danny Manning as their coach add even more reason for the WSU athletic department to play Tulsa in CKA instead of IBA this time? Even if Manning can't make them good right away, how many KU fans would flood Intrust and probably cheer for Tulsa?

That will depend on how we fill out the rest of the year's schedule. I'm sure Marshall would like to attract a quality opponent for IBA, but if that fails, Tulsa there might be an option.

Comment

I was thinking that the contract with Tulsa dictated that there would be 4 games, two at the team's home arenas and 2 at city arenas in the respective towns. Maybe I'm wrong and it can be moved to IBA, but I was thinking it was set as a CKA game.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        I was thinking that the contract with Tulsa dictated that there would be 4 games, two at the team's home arenas and 2 at city arenas in the respective towns. Maybe I'm wrong and it can be moved to IBA, but I was thinking it was set as a CKA game.
        I'm pretty sure your right. However, if you were Tulsa, and offered to change the venue to IBA, would you? Sure. To me, the only way this game happens at IBA is if WSU sees it as a big enough financial benefit to do so. I'm sure WSU would rather have a more high profile game at IBA that would bring in TV $s,..... but if they don't get one?

Comment

I don't think KU fans will give two cents about Danny Manning and Tulsa.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            Well, I am certain that WSU won't be moving the SIU/Hinson game to IBA.:smile-new:

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
              I disagree.

KU fans follow their former players who are coaches pretty well. WSU got a lot of run with KU fans when Turgeon was here. Manning is special (in a good way) for KU fans. They will follow his results at Tulsa very closely. Tulsa at IBA would sell out.

Look fopr Tulsa to become the equivalent of a "big man camp" with Manning there. Word out of Lawrence is that he develops bigs very effectively. I've seen nothing on the court to think that's just fan talk.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I would love to have a couple of casual fans wearing blue sitting in front of me at the game in IBA. Screaming and clapping in their ears all night long would keep me entertained.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

The Tulsa series has always been a favorite of mine. What a great opportunity for Danny Manning. I'm thinking he remembers playing at 21st and Hillside the Season before the Season that he and his Miracles won the National Championship. The game here, Danny scored 12 points and learned first hand why folk cringe at the idea of playing our Shocks here. If I recall, Eddie Fogler was our Coach and we beat KU and Larry Brown. Even so, I really hope we continue the Tulsa series. Danny Manning use to like to play slow-pitch softball after his Pro Basketball Career. I bet he signs his son to play for Tulsa for next Season.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Beating Ku and Danny Manning 54-49 in Wichita was great!
                    Last edited by shox1989; March 31, 2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

We need to play in CKA. The lats time Mr. Manning ventured into that building wasn't so successful.

If I remember correctly, Gus Santos abused him that night.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        We need to play in CKA. The lats time Mr. Manning ventured into that building wasn't so successful.

If I remember correctly, Gus Santos abused him that night.
                        Maybe when we play Tulsa again, we could bring in Tom Kosich to whisper in Danny's ear about the famous tip-in he made against Tulsa at Tulsa that he once exclaimed something like this on the radio as an announcer on KNSS Radio-- "it was the shot that was heard around the world!!!!!!!"

However, let's not talk about Paul Pressey robbing us blind with steals from his 8 hands back in the Carr days. Also, how about when Ricky Ross with Tulsa came here at Henry Levitt and played? Now there was a local young man that was one of the best High School players ever. Ahhhh yes--the good ole days.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The Ricky Ross Show. Ricky was probably the most talented basketball player ever to come out of Wichita. Unfortunately he was not blessed with much intelligence. Ricky could shoot the rock.

Comment

Anybody know the terms of Danny's deal at Tulsa?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              Anybody know the terms of Danny's deal at Tulsa?
                              He starts Tuesday!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X