No announcement yet.

Jank being considered for K-State job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jank being considered for K-State job?

Ran across this today. The article also mentioned Tad Boyle and 3G as possible contenders, which is wishful thinking on their part.

Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.
    Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

No.

Comment

Tad only making about 700 where he is at.........

Comment

Why all the hatred 4 Henson, he bleeds purple.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Looks like someone else is interested in the job as well. This would be an interesting hire, to say the least.

Doug Gottlieb wouldn't be the first to leave ESPN for a college coaching job. But he might be the first with no coaching experience.
          "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
            Looks like someone else is interested in the job as well. This would be an interesting hire, to say the least.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...as-state-job/1
            ROFL I would laugh so hard
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What's wrong with Doug? He's a midwest guy, familiar with the Big 12, obviously knows the collegiate game well as being a player and an analyst and has a national name. If Brad Stevens can come from the corporate office to a successful head coach, it's not over-the-top to think Doug could do well as a coach. I think he'd do well.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                What's wrong with Doug? He's a midwest guy, familiar with the Big 12, obviously knows the collegiate game well as being a player and an analyst and has a national name. If Brad Stevens can come from the corporate office to a successful head coach, it's not over-the-top to think Doug could do well as a coach. I think he'd do well.
                and has absolutely 0 coaching experience
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The parallel is Hoiberg at Iowa St. But he had NBA experience, including work in the front office, which would be beneficial in running a basketball program. Gottlieb wants to bring in two failed head coaches and a juco guy.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    and has absolutely 0 coaching experience
                    What aspect of coaching men's college basketball do you think he would fall short in? I'll give you some options, but please expand: 1) hiring key assistants? 2) recruiting? 3) X's and O's? 4) winning fans over?

I think he is extremely well known and could easily get top-notch assistants. I think he knows the game very, very well and could be a better Xs/Os guy than 90% of the rest of the coaches out there, out of the gate. I think he knows more potential recruits than 99% of the coaches out there, based on getting to travel free and interview the top highschool prospects in the country. A media guy that can't win fans over?

What's his weakness?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      The parallel is Hoiberg at Iowa St. But he had NBA experience, including work in the front office, which would be beneficial in running a basketball program. Gottlieb wants to bring in two failed head coaches and a juco guy.
                      Has he said who he'd bring in? I haven't seen that anywhere in the two links that were posted here.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

yeah, other thread in NCAA topic

Comment

They dont seem to want Jank-I think thats a mistake, hes shown a bit of coaching skill.
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

@kung_wu he could never shoot a lick.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What's his weakness?
                              I would say recruiting would be his biggest challenge. Frank Martin had an established recruiting network and I'm not sure Gottlieb would be able to bring the same talent to the land of purple.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                              X