No announcement yet.

#5 (Center) position next year and the next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize for not having better info, but I was told there is a juco player, Australian, playing I believe in ks. 6'10" 250 give or take an inch, who is strongly considering WSU. Nick Patton might be the name. Anybody know or heard
    of this possibility or know of this young man?

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
      I apologize for not having better info, but I was told there is a juco player, Australian, playing I believe in ks. 6'10" 250 give or take an inch, who is strongly considering WSU. Nick Patton might be the name. Anybody know or heard
      See this thread: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...s-in-the-house

One of many recruits that could totally change our depth at center and PF.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
        He's been discussed. A player at Neosho and he is a big, big man. He might be the second comming of Big Country; maybe the Big Down Under.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          He's been discussed. A player at Neosho and he is a big, big man. He might be the second comming of Big Country; maybe the Big Down Under.
          haha now that nickname would get some play on ESPN. So obviously inappropriate lol.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            I don't see EO starting, but playing 12-14 minutes per game as an obvious 5 backup. I know some on this board believe and hope EO is a 20 minute player next season. And I think it's more of the allure of this 7-foot player that jumps like Jordan and runs like a gazelle waiting for him to be the next Ralph Sampson.

WSU has never had a post player with such an athletic presence. Plus, the time consuming ordeal that ultimately got him here is a factor as well with Shocker fans.

In two years he basically has been a non-factor. He made a small improvement this season. It is quite a jump to think EO will be a starter and play over 20 minutes after playing in only 8 of the last 10 games of this season; playing more than 6 minutes only once during that time. At the end of the day you just have to believe HCGM didn't trust EO on the floor, even in blowouts (except for his 12 minutes against Drake).

To think all this equates into a starting job, playing 20 minutes or more, is just wishful thinking for all of us. But let me say I will be the first to set the table for crow mignon if he creates the kind of production talked about...but I'm not making any plans to set that table.
            I hope so badly you eat crow mignon, as that would mean we'd have the best center in the Valley. I'd even take a portion of your crow mignon if that happened. I do hope badly that EO makes huge strides next year. It would be great to get a solid JUCO 5 that could contribute immediately though.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I have no idea who will start at the 5 next year, but I do hope EO will have progressed to where he can contribute a good 20 minutes a game. The guy can really be a disruptive presence defensively and that can lead to a lot of good things going back the other way. Hopefully, his hands will develop to where he would be good for one or two alley-oops per game.

Comment

Hall asked to play off the bench this year, he wasn't comfortable being the starter. Whether or not that is also the case next year, who knows? But I think EO has to start at the 5 if The Beast doesn't.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Coach appears to have a tendency of starting out the season with upperclassmen in the starting lineup; that being said.

5 Orukpe
                  4 Hall
                  3 Early
                  2 Williams
                  1 Armstead

White off the bench for Orukpe/Hall
                  Baker/Wessel off the bench for Early
                  Cotton/Baker off the bench for Williams
                  Cotton/VanVleet off the bench for Armstead

Others:
                  Hawkins
                  Mitchell
                  Anacreon
                  Green
                  Henry U.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Hall asked to play off the bench this year, he wasn't comfortable being the starter. Whether or not that is also the case next year, who knows? But I think EO has to start at the 5 if The Beast doesn't.
                    I think it was more that Hall saw himself more as a 5 rather than a 4. If we start both Hall and EO we have noboby down low that is going to stretch the defense, neither is much of a threat beyond 10'. Start Hall and hope EO can contribute 10-15 minutes.

Comment

I would call feet and beak with no gravy if EO gives us 20 good minutes.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        I would call feet and beak with no gravy if EO gives us 20 good minutes.
                        Sounds like a dinner that will never happen!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                        X