#5 (Center) position next year and the next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 (Center) position next year and the next

Orupke is likely to start, correct? Of all of the signees, there is the least amount of information about Henry Uwadiae.

I suppose that is why Marshall and team seem to be heave after another big man?

I think Henry is a maybe/maybe not on qualifying. But going after JUCO bigs seems as though there are other things in play.

Comment

Henry even if he does end up at WSU will get limited to zero minutes his Freshman year.

My guess would be that EO starts for the tip off, and maybe plays a few minutes, then we rotate Hall to the 5, and bring in White for the 4, or possibly one of the new guys playing some minutes at the 4. EO averaged just under 8 mins a game this last season, I'd expect him to double it next year, but without much improvement it might just be 12-15 at max. If he gets the chance to attend a big man camp over the summer, comes back like Miller and Stutz did, he will break 20 a game for sure. That's just my guess though. For all we know, GM could be playing EO 30+ mins a game.

I just hope he gets to go to a big man camp, and he picks up some great skill moves and touch. If that happens, he could really end up being the player we had all hoped for when we first heard we were going to get him.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If Henry shows up he's almost definitely a redshirt. Very atheltic and very raw. More understanding of the game than Ehimen when he first showed up. But he's also switched schools a number of times and that's a red flag to me. He may not qualify.

I think Ehimen will start and play about half the game. I'm of the belief that he'll continue to progress and be ready to go. I also feel some over value offense all the time. When you can bring his kind of defense to the court, that'll create offense for others and limit the offense of the opponents. Defenses still have to respect him when he's on the block.

I don't think we're in desperate need of another post but could see where one may be brought in. I think Ehimen and Hall start. White will play a number of minutes and Hall can play the 5 when Ehimen isn't in. Early can play some 4 if needed. Same with either Hawkins or Green.

I'm more concerned with what we'd have in 13-14 as we'd lose both Ehimen and Hall. Watson is a little shorter than most would like to see at the 5 but could most likely pull it off. But even with that, there's nobody else if Henry doesn't arrive/qualify. There have been a number of big men pop up in the recruiting forum over the last month or so. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them come in.

We need to find a FR that can play the 5 in the next year or so. Especially if Henry isn't a go.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe EO can play the role that Whithey played at KU this year, just protected the rim and get blocks and rebounds, and then most of his scoring gonna come off of put backs.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            I believe EO can play the role that Whithey played at KU this year, just protected the rim and get blocks and rebounds, and then most of his scoring gonna come off of put backs.
            If he can be like Whithey part deux I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
              Orupke is likely to start, correct? Of all of the signees, there is the least amount of information about Henry Uwadiae.

I suppose that is why Marshall and team seem to be heave after another big man?

Someone other than me needs to clear out their inbox so they can receive messages (I am guilty of this all the time).

Comment

I honestly can't wait to see EO in action next year. I doubt he ever scores more than 15. But he's got good awareness and has me making an "EO says 'no'" poster for the stands next year. He showed flashes of excellence this year, but playing 8-10 minutes a game is tough on your rhythm. And remember the old phrase "defense wins championships"
                Last edited by RallySquirrel; March 27, 2012, 02:59 AM. Reason: Forgot the "s" at the end of championship
                “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

In terms of starters next Season at any position, the only ones I am projecting to pencil in right now are Hall and Early. Of course we are not done recruiting yet either and I am assuming Early can get an early start and have an immediate impact. Some of our better Juco recruits are solid their Junior year but even better their Senior Season. I am hoping Early is very, very good both Seasons. Even if Hall and Early did start, EO could also start with them depending on matchups and his developing progress being made. That would be a tall 3,4, and 5 right there. White will see some minutes at the 4 spot as well and could earn some starts in due time. However, with all the guards which could fill up the 1,2, and 3 slots in some games, Hall and Early would compliment them quite well.

Maybe it is just me, but one more very solid big would not hurt my feelers when April happens by. Along with that Santa Baby, if there is an opening still for Wiggins or a similar type player, count me in on that as well. Henry U. may need a redshirt and I am hoping Hawkins is as good as projected.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think Hall starts and center and White at PF and Early at SF, unless we play 4 out 1 in, then in could be Hall at center and any combo of White, Early, Hawkins, and Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                      I think Hall starts and center and White at PF and Early at SF, unless we play 4 out 1 in, then in could be Hall at center and any combo of White, Early, Hawkins, and Green.
                      Are we still waiting to find out if Teddy Hawkins has qualified?

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                        I would agree with this- I think the starters are Armstead, DWill, Early, White, and Hall with EO as the first big off the bench. He can come in for Hall at the 5, or come in for White and move Hall to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
                          I would agree with this- I think the starters are Armstead, DWill, Early, White, and Hall with EO as the first big off the bench. He can come in for Hall at the 5, or come in for White and move Hall to 4.
                          No one even knows if the roster is full yet. It's a bit premature to begin naming the starters for next year.

Comment

Did someone in this thread just predict that EO will start next year? That might be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. White is a more effective ball player than EO at this juncture. Only a true "coming to Jesus" on the basketball court gets EO any more minutes they he got this year. He needs to take that equation-crunching brain of his and spend some time watching some instructional basketball videos. Then he needs to put some pine tar on his hands and learn to look for the alley-oop every time he slips towards the basket.

T

...:cool:

Comment

EO will have a role on this team. He fits in good when we press full court. He also is good when we have foul trouble. However, I don't see EO and CH fitting well together for any length of time. They would get in each others way more often than not. Neither of them can shoot beyond 10-15' and EO not beyond 5'. However when pressing full court,with CH on the front of the press and EO on the back they would compliment each other well.

Comment

Working...
                              X