No announcement yet.

Engagement level for next basketball season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Shocker fan and almost an alumn...I hope for the best obviously. Would be pleasantly surprised by a Top-4 AAC finish and a chance for an at-large come March...but will absolutely settle in IB's NEW guys to get to the NIT as long as I see TEAM strategies and a show of positive trajectory for the following year...if that makes sense.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I've been a Shocker fan for a long time, and I've seen some seasons that would make a strong man cry...I have no expectations of unbridled success, but I still have to hope for at least more than this past season. With the ever-beckoning portal, no one really knows what to expect.

Comment

I like the physical talent of this team and the recruits brought in compared to the makeup of last year's team. On paper, we appear to have upgraded athletically, with ball handling/shooting and with size.

I certainly believe we have potential - it really boils down to guys buying in and playing as a team, and having someone that can put them in positions to win during the games.

Comment

I liked butch before. After seeing how they recruited I think that was an A+ hire. There was no movement with players until he got on board.

Having an assistant that can make in game adjustments would make a big difference.

IB never lacked effort. There were reports that he was working his butt off to keep his head above water from the get go.

He needs a system. He needs players that will buy into his system.

His recruiting success (and our Save Shocker Sports success) has earned him an a wait and see from me.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
            I like the physical talent of this team and the recruits brought in compared to the makeup of last year's team. On paper, we appear to have upgraded athletically, with ball handling/shooting and with size.

I certainly believe we have potential - it really boils down to guys buying in and playing as a team, and having someone that can put them in positions to win during the games.
            On paper we had the best player in the league and the 3rd best team this year. I have low expectations regardless of player talent and athleticism until I see some good coaching to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Totally agree. Go Shocks.

Comment

Dallas cowboy fans think they are super bowl bound (next season) during each off season. Longhorn fans similar thoughts.
                I guess that's bleeding across borders. I need to actually see it on the floor before I will make any prediction good, bad or mediocre.

Comment

Hi is Joerg. Sory Joerg has away for months in #Poland..,missing ALL Shix frien!!! Is happyday Joerg to read on #ADShocker Boatrit is left us. Joerg son think on this AD bum guy is lazy guy,,,, WInning days WILL be futre, having faith friens! ALL AAC is know is coming! Thanks is Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                    Hi is Joerg. Sory Joerg has away for months in #Poland..,missing ALL Shix frien!!! Is happyday Joerg to read on #ADShocker Boatrit is left us. Joerg son think on this AD bum guy is lazy guy,,,, WInning days WILL be futre, having faith friens! ALL AAC is know is coming! Thanks is Joerg
                    Yes!!!! Welcome back Joerg. We’ve missed you my friend.

Comment

“Rack ‘em”
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think this program is closer to irrelevance than to success.

Comment

As are 75% of the rest of D-1 programs.

Comment

Don’t see the point in bashing Coach Brown at this point, other than it seems fashionable. He’s the coach, he’s recruited his guys, they seem to have potential….I choose to believe they will be good. I say let the coach, with our full support, sink or swim. Being negative is unproductive. Go shocks. I’m all in, including season tickets and small monthly contribution to NIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post

Don’t see the point in bashing Coach Brown at this point, other than it seems fashionable.
                              it’s not really bashing brown. Either his players last year were uncoachable, or he was not a good coach.
                              He’s the coach, he’s recruited his guys, they seem to have potential….
                              All factual comments
                              I choose to believe they will be good.
                              Whatever helps you sleep at night.
                              I say let the coach, with our full support, sink or swim.
                              Coach has pretty much as much support as he’s going to get thus far.
                              Being negative is unproductive.
                              I seem to recall a bunch of negative recently that was channeled in a productive manner and put our lackluster underperforming AD out on the streets.
                              Go shocks. I’m all in, including season tickets and small monthly contribution to NIL.
                              Season tickets are now the price of a couple tanks of gas. Not an unreasonable investment.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It's a fan forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's what we are here for. To be fans and express our opinions and concerns. I don't really see a need to tell people they can't be negative or have concerns about the coaching, which is warranted at this point with the disaster that was last season. You don't have to always be rah rah rah to be a good fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X