Curious what IB can do with a new roster
    34.00%
    Meh...wait and see...I'll have an open mind
    20.00%
    Expectations already low while hoping for better results
    38.00%
    Wake me when we have a new coach
    8.00%

This seems to be going about how I'd have expected.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Now there's slightly more "optimism" than I would have guessed.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I just voted curious. IB lost control of a few players last season, chemistry broke down, essential teamwork broke down, as did the team. We lost good players and don't really know what to expect from IB and his ability to restore those essentials. He will have enough talent maybe make the NIT. I'll start the season optimistic looking for positives, looking for energy, defense, rebounding but above all TEAM chemistry.

Comment

I voted the second one but there is some fourth mixed in at the same time.

Comment

I have never seen any fire from IB. He speaks like he is quoting from a book of things coaches are supposed to say. "We are going to go back to work and get better." I have never felt like he had any idea what was wrong before, during and after a game.

Comment

I'm solidly in option four. I'm not expecting much of anything but as a fan I hope it doesn't go that way and they surprise me.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I’m one of the 3 that voted #5.

Im very pessimistic with the program going forward no matter what the personnel is with IB at the helms.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Now there's slightly more "optimism" than I would have guessed.
                  The only "optimistic" choice I see is the one that has zero votes. The middle 3 are all kind of the same thing stated somewhat differently

My expectations are already low, but I am curious how this will work out and I willing to wait and see what happens with an open mind. I would this guarded but concerned.

Now the wake me when we have a new coach is pessimistic.

Comment

I’m between 4 and 5. I voted 4.

Don’t think IB has the right personality for a HC (yes, I know there have been successful coaches with his demeanor…but those coaches have a lot more talent too).

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Don’t think IB has the right personality for a HC (yes, I know there have been successful coaches with his demeanor…but those coaches have a lot more talent too).
                      That's exactly where I am and tipped to 5

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I’m one of the 3 that voted #5.

Im very pessimistic with the program going forward no matter what the personnel is with IB at the helms.
                        Agree, but I do hope it gets back on track. If it goes to the bottom half of the conference this year, I'll be with you all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

This. I think if they do decide to eventually part with IB, it would be great if he consider sticking around in a non HC capacity. The decision to give him the keys to the car the way DB did was incredulous; now IB has to guide the car without the instructor on board guiding him.

Terrible analogy aside: IB does seem like a good dude, and that he cares, but unfortunately he’s in this situation now and there’s not much that can be done other than giving it a whirl the best he can or resigning, which, I don’t think is in his plans or best interest

Comment

I think there's reason to be optimistic from his recruiting. He's getting longer and more athletic guys. He's getting guys who have shown they can make shots. Whether that translate to doing that at WSU is not known yet.

I'm going to give IB a bit of a pass for having to deal with both Etienne and Council in his first real year of coaching. Not many first-year guys are going to have the ability to rein Etienne in. Not doing that created problems dealing with Council. We'll see if the lack of a cohesive offense was because of the coach or the players.

Maybe they're just saying the right things, but several of the recruits seem to be catch-and-shoot guys or guys who work well in screening sets. Both lead to fairly high assist rates, which we didn't have last year.

Comment

4 seems the most realistic. I don’t think any of us are hoping for failure.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X