The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

All I'm saying is that it must happen quickly.
    Like...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bottom line is WSU will get nowhere with the status quo and playing it safe. You have to take risks to make it big and if that means paying this dude $375K because he has the pedigree for the job and is the best fit then so be it. I for one don't want to see a $125K hire of some internal assistant AD just because that's the safe bet. Go big or go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        I just hope and pray we can avoid mediocrity. If we ain't great at something, let's please please suck at it so we have the guts to make changes.
        AAC is about to become the MVC (albeit the one that had CU in it). As long as WSU is trying I expect WSU to be at least one of the best teams in the league (if not the best).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

AAC is about to become the MVC (albeit the one that had CU in it). As long as WSU is trying I expect WSU to be at least one of the best teams in the league (if not the best).
          Stop
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

No, it isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Bottom line is WSU will get nowhere with the status quo and playing it safe. You have to take risks to make it big and if that means paying this dude $375K because he has the pedigree for the job and is the best fit then so be it. I for one don't want to see a $125K hire of some internal assistant AD just because that's the safe bet. Go big or go home.
              $375k is nothing compared to the $7.75m it could have saved.

A very good initial investment imo.

Comment

Say what?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If that is the MVC from 99 to 07 that had 2-4 bids every year, I'll take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Say what?

Comment

• Comment

• In other words, the sports that perform at a high level are gonna get FUNDED. I like it!
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Comment

• This just shows you what a real AD looks like. Boatright couldn’t lead his way out of a gazebo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              This just shows you what a real AD looks like. Boatright couldn’t lead his way out of a gazebo.
                              But the free food is in the gazebo ... Why would he want to leave

Comment

• One of the most telling of the things our new AD has said is that he wants to be involved in the recruiting process by meeting with the recruits and their parents. No one is asking but I am pretty impressed so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X