The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Gotta be upfront with me if he wants to get past first base.
    A gentleman of his stature gropes first.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Wouldn't Muma have had to be ahead of the billboard instead of following in order to show leadership?
      Not necessarily. Muma may have had other irons in the fire and then Boatright could have reacted poorly to the billboard and force Muma to deal with it immediately. We all love shocker sports, but I would say the athletic department realistically plays second fiddle, if not third, on campus.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Baseball and basketball are both so equally bad right now that I really can’t tell the difference. Lol.. If anything let’s hope that important people are reading this thread and continuing to realize that the fans are a little concerned about shocker sports. I mean, we’re literally hoping a praying that basketball shows a pulse at some point during the next 3 years and that is all we have to be hopeful for right now. Definitely not good times unless your a shocker softball fan
        You do know that just over 1 loooooong year ago the Shockers won the Conference title in basketball right, and this year they did finish above .500? Hardly bad. You're post comes off as just a little maudlin. No offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You do know that just over 1 loooooong year ago the Shockers won the Conference title in basketball right, and this year they did finish above .500? Hardly bad.
          6-9 in a middling AAC is less than 500. Last year was a Subpar Covid regular season Championship, with a bad ending in the league tournament, and against Drake. Nothing to brag about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Wouldn't Muma have had to be ahead of the billboard instead of following in order to show leadership?
            I believe the firing of Boatright was already a work in progress prior to the billboard (the billboard may have been the catalyst, or maybe Boatright's response was the final straw).

Comment

You do know that just over 1 loooooong year ago the Shockers won the Conference title in basketball right, and this year they did finish above .500? Hardly bad. You're post comes off as just a little maudlin. No offense.
              In both years the quality of play was worse than the record.

Comment

lol
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Might see restoring baseball as a passion project; to relive his youth.

Basketball can take care of itself, if the right coach is put in place (already called my coach Cal shot a few pages back).

I hope he looks into raising $$$ for a smaller 2k-5k arena for volleyball and WBB like I’ve previously mentioned. (Could be used for new sports like wrestling or gymnastics too)

revisioning Cessna is key. A solid track dedicated facility would be good for the future of the program, the region, and the State track championships.

Exploring new sports I think will be considered. Lacrosse and Soccer being at the top of the list. If those are added, I would like to see a new facility added versus having The new Cessna be used for all.

Big wish list, but you have to set your goals high.
                  I like all those thoughts, and you are rights…goals need to be high

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

In both years the quality of play was worse than the record.
                    Yes, and our schedule was manipulated in a way to give us an easier path with all the cancelled games, Houston having to come here last minute during a terrible ice storm in Houston, etc. Hindsight is 20/20 but it could have been perfectly acceptable to give IB a short term contract at a much lower salary filled with incentives.

Comment

• The AD was on sports daily today for 30 minute discussion. Worth a listen. He sees NIL as a part of the scholarship. This looks like a rock solid hire by Muma.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        The AD was on sports daily today for 30 minute discussion. Worth a listen. He sees NIL as a part of the scholarship. This looks like a rock solid hire by Muma.
                        Link for those interested: https://omny.fm/shows/sports-daily/s...d-kevin-saal-t

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          The AD was on sports daily today for 30 minute discussion. Worth a listen. He sees NIL as a part of the scholarship. This looks like a rock solid hire by Muma.
                          A lot of really good stuff in that segment. He can talk a good game and seems genuinely excited for being here. I'm excited to see if he can walk the walk too.

Comment

• Pretty hefty salary, but i like the incentives part. I'm guessing there was donor backing for this move.

Comment

• If Boatright was worth $275K, Saal is worth at least $350K.

Let's be honest, if Boatright was worth what he was getting paid, Saal is worth at least $600K.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If this is the hire we all hope it is, I'll give a ton of credit to all involved for making it happen and stepping up the investment for AD. I know Saal hasn't done much beyond interviews yet, but it's nice to feel optimistic and excited about watching things develop going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X