X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They also have womens soccer

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      I really, really like this hire. Kentucky has a lot of respect from me as a whole, and working in that program certainly got him very valuable experience.
      I just want to know if they gave you the courtesy of running their choice by you first before announcing. You earned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I have a good vibe about this hire. If he can rub elbows with the Wichita elite, we’ll be in like Flynn.
        All I can say is I haven't heard from him yet, so....

Comment

• The list of accomplishments are top notch. Can't wait to see what he can do to turn things around.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Pleased with this hire on the surface. I am willing to overlook the time getting his Masters at KU. Seems inconsequential. Checks all the boxes for me, now to see how he operates.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              They also have womens soccer
              I feel asleep just reading this, FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                And now for an LOL tweet while searching about this

I imagine Boatright will probably apply given that's where he graduated from and started out as an assistant AD years ago - https://goracers.com/sports/general/...-boatright/506 - and Steve Prohm is back as men's basketball coach.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I don't like the Ku connection, but I am willing to give him a chance. He seems to have a pretty good resume overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I imagine Boatright will probably apply given that's where he graduated from and started out as an assistant AD years ago - https://goracers.com/sports/general/...-boatright/506 - and Steve Prohm is back as men's basketball coach.
                    If they hired butthead, would it not save some athletic funds on his contract buy out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I could be completely wrong as I know NOTHING about Murray St....but I can't imagine them having much of any NIL deals for their athletes. Perfect match for our former AD me thinks.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Seems like a solid hire as a result of a solid hiring process. Hopes it works out well. Mr. Saal will certainly have a lot of challenges but also a lot of opportunity to shine.

Comment

• This was a close to the vest process to be sure. Didn't see his name anywhere as a possible candidate. What with all of the social media and airline tracking going on the search process was pretty amazing. I don't see anything in his resume that gives me pause and I, like everyone else on this board hope for the best. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I feel asleep just reading this, FYI.
                            LMFAO!

Hey, all great ideas are not built on a foundation of passion. Do you think Elon Musk actually liked charging a car every 60 miles? No but he knew there would be idiots that did.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              This was a close to the vest process to be sure. Didn't see his name anywhere as a possible candidate. What with all of the social media and airline tracking going on the search process was pretty amazing. I don't see anything in his resume that gives me pause and I, like everyone else on this board hope for the best. Go Shocks
                              If it was any closer to the vest it would be piercing their nipples.

Comment

• So, I hadn't read anything about him prior to now, other than what's been said here and the little bits I picked up from Twitter. I didn't realize he was a Kansas kid and grew up here. Not a necessity for a hire like this, but it doesn't hurt to have some level of familiarity with the state. Twenty-two years of athletics department experience, including capital projects and facilities construction. Just helped Murray State switch conferences. The twelve years at Kentucky don't hurt. That's a rabid fan base and I'm sure he picked up and learned a lot there.

I'll be curious to hear more about him and his ideas/goals for the department down the line. Let's get the ball rolling, and the money rolling in, and build athletics back up, and possibly add a sport or two in the future.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X