• Next year's post-season

What post-season tournament
    NCAA tournament
    61.36%
    NIT tournament
    31.82%
    CBI/CIT tournament
    6.82%

Honestly, I'm going to go into next season expecting the NIT. By no means do I think the NCAA tournament is out of reach. It will depend heavily on our newcomers and how quickly they grow, and sadly St. Louis.

Comment

I would expect NIT. Probably the only hope for the Dance is for the team to come together at the end of the year and win the Arch Madness.

Comment

My expectations is NCAA tournament. It is time for this program to bring a consistent effort and to be In the mix for mvc championship every year, and to be at large material. That has to be te expectation of the program. Marshall was quoted as saying next year team will be his best - I will take him for his word.

Suite Up! It is going to be awesome!

Comment

NIT at best if our newcomers do not come in and average 9 PPG or more while minimizing TO's and playing good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            My expectations is NCAA tournament. It is time for this program to bring a consistent effort and to be In the mix for mvc championship every year, and to be at large material. That has to be te expectation of the program. Marshall was quoted as saying next year team will be his best - I will take him for his word.

Suite Up! It is going to be awesome!
            This! You beat me to it. The rebuilding phase has ended... it's now time to reload.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Creighton runs away with the Valley next year. IlSt will be tough. Evansville will be good. I pick WSU 4th. I think only a St. Louis win gets us in the big dance.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Creighton runs away with the Valley next year. IlSt will be tough. Evansville will be good. I pick WSU 4th. I think only a St. Louis win gets us in the big dance.
                UNI loses Moran....that's it. They will be better. Drake loses only one senior that played regular in Alexander and I believe they have VanDeest and Uhlenhopp back from injuries. Don't know what either has coming in new.

Comment

1. Creighton
                  2. Illinois State
                  3. Wichita State
                  4. Northern Iowa
                  everyone else
                  10. Southern Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                    10. Southern Illinois
                    I agree with DOFO on this much.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wouldn't you know it my crystal ball is in the shop again. Has never really worked very well. I need to find the warranty on that.

In the meantime, I will try to find my Magic 8 Ball.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 22, 2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

NCAA. Gregg did not stay at Wichita State to go to the NIT.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Marshall was quoted as saying next year team will be his best - I will take him for his word.
                          I don't remember ever reading that quote. I know he's said this is the best recruiting class he's put together, but not that it will be his best team.

I think next year will be an NIT-worthy regular season. Pre-season rankings will probably resemble:

1. CU
                          2. ISU-red
                          3. WSU/Drake
                          5. UNI/UE
                          7-10. Everyone else

Comment

I'm thinking it'll be
                            1 CU
                            2 ISU
                            3 WSU
                            4 DU
                            5 UNI
                            6 UE
                            7 ISUb
                            8 BU
                            9 SIU
                            0 MSU

The top 5 will be dangerous
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have to agree, Missouri State will be awful next year, I don't think Lusk is a good coach for some reason. Patterson is there only hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X