Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus Okafor Transfer is a Shocker

Comment

CP back, Okafor commits, this day doesn't suck!

Comment

Solid couple of days in Shocker Nation!

Comment

Combo if NIL and Butch Pierre is paying off these past few days.

Pulling us back from the cliff just a bit. At least for now lol
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

We can all go back to the cliff when we go 2-37 from 3 in a buy game in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Nope. Not until there is a significant change in the program, like subtracting DB, or adding an experience X’s and O’s Coach.

I do really like the addition of Butch tho.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We can all go back to the cliff when we go 2-37 from 3 in a buy game in the fall.
                Lol yup.

That and still having same leadership is why I said we are only being pulled back from the cliff a bit. But with this staff the cliff is never far away.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Tolu Smith going back to Miss State helped us but I don’t care. Good job BP!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    I love this guy. He can play multiple positions. He plays TEAM BALL. Go Shocks.

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...262451322.html

An impressive prospect, even though only one year of eligibility.

Comment

If Gus is not a starter, he would be still getting solid minutes it appears. Can he play some 4?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          If Gus is not a starter, he would be still getting solid minutes it appears. Can he play some 4?
                          If we're sticking him at the 4 (seems likely), he needs to be able to shoot better than 32% from deep (average of Trey Wade 2x and Joe Pleasant). Why give up size at that position if you can't stretch the floor? From his highlight tape, I am encouraged that Okafor seems capable of driving to the basket and finishing. That skill was sorely lacking from last year's team.

I am curious to see how the depth chart shakes out; it seems there are a lot of guys on the roster capable of playing multiple positions.

Comment

The article says he has a 7’1” wingspan and is a good rebounder. Sounds like he’s gonna play the 4 and maybe some 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              The article says he has a 7’1” wingspan and is a good rebounder. Sounds like he’s gonna play the 4 and maybe some 3.
                              Poor job of balanced recruiting. Brown recruited lots of 2s and 3s (we already had a couple of them returning too), but Okafor is the only true 4 recruit, and he is a stretch 4. Not a good job of recruiting. Lots of 2s and 3s. Two true 5s and a returning 5. Not any true 1 recruits. Just one true returning 1 in Porter.

Comment

Working...
                              X