Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall turns down $2M offer from Nebraska

Good for WSU.

The list of men's basketball coaches who apparently don't want the Nebraska job is growing.
    Three sources Tuesday told The World-Herald that Wichita State's Gregg Marshall was offered the NU job, likely at an annual salary of at least $2 million.
    Two of those sources said Marshall has turned it down, while the third said Marshall wasn't showing any interest. Two of those sources have direct access to Marshall, who didn't return messages left by The World-Herald.
    site: www.MVCfans.com
    twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MVCfans

Lol Nebraska thinks they can grab him? The University of Nebraska only cares about football. Psh...

Comment

Gotta give Dr Tom credit for shooting for the stars.

Nebraska has interviewed Oral Roberts' Scott Sutton and may have directly discussed the job with Colorado State's Tim Miles and Wisconsin-Milwaukee's Rob Jeter.
      Those are the only legit names listed in the entire article.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

LMAO!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Its Nebraska. What does anyone expect?

Comment

Way to go Coach Marshall.

Comment

even tho its "Nebraska" it still shows you its not all about the $$$$ with HCGM, it has to be the perfect situation for him to bolt
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I had no idea that Nebraska was even interested in Marshall. My, my, how the world does turn.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  Its Nebraska. What does anyone expect?
                  What I expect is, if The Wookie was offered 2mm bones to jump from Lil' Nebraska to the Mother Ship.. he would be gone in a New York minute.

T

Comment

Nebraska (n.): See South Carolina.

South Carolina (n.): See Nebraska.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'll tell you what though, if Marshall did go to Nebraska, he would get that school good enough to spank the BJ's each and every year. What a horrid program.

T

Comment

Way to go Coach Marshall! $2m is a lot of money. But the top three sports at UNL are FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL and FOOTBALL. Unfortunately men's basketball at UNL also rates behind volleyball, gymnastics, baseball, and wrestling.

Comment

Pft. He turned down $1.9M from NC State last year and they thought they could get him for $2M to go to Nebraska?

If they weren't offering at least $2.5M, they're idiots. Why would he jump to Nebraska over NC State? It's not even worth pointing out the dozens of reasons that would be insane.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I understand this is a message board, and that even here we engage in hyperbole from time to time.

At NO time in the history of college athletics has a non-bcs mens basketball coach turned down multiple 2 million dollar plus jobs to coach bcs programs. NEVER has a WSU coach even turned ONE down.

Say what you will about Gregg, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at this point he deserves your respect for his loyalty to and belief in WSU.

In fact, at this point in time, he COMMANDS it.

Comment

People in Nebraska don't even know that NU has a basketball team. Its football or nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X