X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Thengvall is a Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Had a scholarship to run track at Creighton and chose to walk-on for WSU basketball instead?

So we essentially stole a Creighton recruit? I will take it! Lol
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I know nothing of this kid. Is he mainly a post player like most 6’6” high school players are? Or does he have guard type perimeter skills?

im sure he’s a good kid but can he play Div 1 basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

im sure he’s a good kid but can he play Div 1 basketball?
          "Thengvall is fresh off a breakout season at Kapaun, where he averaged 20.2 points and 5.4 rebounds while shooting 44% from the floor and 86% from the foul line. He was the most dynamic player on a team that won an undefeated City League championship, finished with a 21-2 record and earned the No. 1 seed at the Class 5A state tournament.
          Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article260359370.html#storylink=cpy"

Sounds like he can play basketball well enough to be a walk on

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Thengvall is fresh off a breakout season at Kapaun, where he averaged 20.2 points and 5.4 rebounds while shooting 44% from the floor and 86% from the foul line. He was the most dynamic player on a team that won an undefeated City League championship, finished with a 21-2 record and earned the No. 1 seed at the Class 5A state tournament.
            Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article260359370.html#storylink=cpy"

Sounds like he can play basketball well enough to be a walk on

Since you didn’t directly answer the part of my question regarding his guard perimeter skills, I’d deduct that he can shoot it but that his other perimeter skills (quickness, and ball handling) are quite limited, and it would appear that his inside skills (rebounding and height) are limited too. Shooting is a good skill but his value is limited by those other skills. However, there is no downside to having him on the team.

Comment

Our best teams had fantastic walkons. They have high value, mostly off the court.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Our best teams had fantastic walkons. They have high value, mostly off the court.
                2006 Sweet 16 doesn't happen without this exact reason.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I know you're speaking to the off-the-court stuff, but it's hard to find walk-ons as talented as JR Simon, Kaelen Malone, and Zach Bush. One could have gotten minutes at the D1 level, one did get scholarship minutes at the D1 level. and the other was an all-state high jumper. All were quality human beings.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Sweet 16 here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I know you're speaking to the off-the-court stuff, but it's hard to find walk-ons as talented as JR Simon, Kaelen Malone, and Zach Bush. One could have gotten minutes at the D1 level, one did get scholarship minutes at the D1 level. and the other was an all-state high jumper. All were quality human beings.
                      JR would have been a D-II all American.

Zach Bush could probably lick his own Adam’s apple, which is impressive.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Zach Bush could probably lick his own Adam’s apple, which is impressive.
                        It drives the women here in Cleveland wild.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Sweet 16 here we come!
                          Here's your 'air' slap...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Had a scholarship to run track at Creighton and chose to walk-on for WSU basketball instead?

So we essentially stole a Creighton recruit? I will take it! Lol
                              Cross Country, maybe? Creighton doesn’t have a track team.

Comment

Working...
                              X