No announcement yet.

Some of this loss boils down to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To heck with VCU. I could care less if they got beat by Indiana. I can't believe Shocker fans are supporting these clowns lead by a classless coach who barely wanted to acknowledge GM at the post game handshake.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      You've mentioned Chili's in a not so positive light twice now...what happened? Was the beer warm, the server cold?
      Yes SHOXMVC, and we are still waiting for our T-Bone steak dinner from you--and waiting, and waiting, and waiting--what's up? :)
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        To heck with VCU. I could care less if they got beat by Indiana. I can't believe Shocker fans are supporting these clowns lead by a classless coach who barely wanted to acknowledge GM at the post game handshake.
        VCU is what's right with college basketball.

Quit trying to stir a hornet's nest.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          VCU is what's right with college basketball.

Quit trying to stir a hornet's nest.
          More importantly, why have you switched to an avatar of Roy Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Yes SHOXMVC, and we are still waiting for our T-Bone steak dinner from you--and waiting, and waiting, and waiting--what's up? :)
            I can get tix to a T-Bones game in KC...does that count??? lol

Comment

I can get tix to a T-Bones game in KC...does that count??? lol
              Let me think--NO!!! We want the tender juicy steak, not the bone. YOU CAN DO IT!!! If we had your money, we could throw ours away?

Comment

Shaka Smart is a bookworm. Fact. He does his homework. VCU sent only one or two guys at the boards much of the time, for purposes of recovery (transition defense!), to negate ONE OF THE BEST FAST BREAK TEAMS in the country. WSU's half-court offense, ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY, finally settled down, but it was too late, really. VCU, as a 12 seed coming off the final four, and being the underdog, was totally loose. I'd like to play them again tomorrow, but we can't. Loose and relaxed trumps uptight jitters.
                Last edited by another shocker; March 17, 2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Let me think--NO!!! We want the tender juicy steak, not the bone. YOU CAN DO IT!!! If we had your money, we could throw ours away?
                  Please don't throw it away. Put it in a yellow envelope, address it to SHOXMVC coaching fund. I'm making the leap to coaching and need some seed money thanks to the encouragement of jocoshock, ABC & vancedave56. I mean they are absolutely right...how can I make any comments about coaching unless I am in the fraternity of coaching.

I better go now...I'm getting hungry...I was thinking Chili's, but I don't want to let shoxlax down. Coaching is a business of starvation at first I hear...maybe I'll settle for a snickers.

Comment

Please don't throw it away. Put it in a yellow envelope, address it to SHOXMVC coaching fund. I'm making the leap to coaching and need some seed money thanks to the encouragement of jocoshock, ABC & vancedave56. I mean they are absolutely right...how can I make any comments about coaching unless I am in the fraternity of coaching.

I better go now...I'm getting hungry...I was thinking Chili's, but I don't want to let shoxlax down. Coaching is a business of starvation at first I hear...maybe I'll settle for a snickers.
                    Glad you got us covered here because my take home barely takes me home.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Ram Tough - I think that you're wrong that the Shockers weren't athletic enough. During the first half, they didn't have many turnovers, they just were taken out of their offense and weren't hitting the shots they were taking. If you noticed, the Shockers athleticism and press in the second half brought them back. It took the Shockers too long to learn how to attack the Rams because they rarely see pressing teams in the Valley. Teams try to slow down the game in our league to beat the Shockers. But you were a 3 pt. shot better on Thursday evening. Good luck in the tournament.
                      I didn't mean to state you weren't athletic enough. In fact I think lack of NCAA experience hurt WSU more than VCUs athleticism. I thought your guys missed some shots early in the game that they made later in the game.

WSU actually handled the press better than most teams do. I have a lot of respect for your team and your fanbase. I am more annoyed with the NCAA for their continual pairing of strong mid major teams. It occurs every year and is so transparent. Had WSU played VCU later in the tournament when they had some games under their belt in the dance it could well have been a different result.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I noticed that as well, but OTOH I've never noticed 3G being one who rarely dwells on a long, respectful handshake and pat on the back either. Usually, because he is carrying his drink in his left hand. I think maybe you are reading a little too much into it.

In any case, I just find it nest to impossible to root for a BCS team over a non-BCS team. Therefore, Go Rams. Make the Whosers losers. That said I expect Indiana will probably win this game. They can really shoot it. But who knows. Did you ever think you would see to 15 seeds win on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by RamTough View Post
                          I didn't mean to state you weren't athletic enough. In fact I think lack of NCAA experience hurt WSU more than VCUs athleticism. I thought your guys missed some shots early in the game that they made later in the game.

WSU actually handled the press better than most teams do. I have a lot of respect for your team and your fanbase. I am more annoyed with the NCAA for their continual pairing of strong mid major teams. It occurs every year and is so transparent. Had WSU played VCU later in the tournament when they had some games under their belt in the dance it could well have been a different result.
                          So what's the scout on the Hoosiers?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            So what's the scout on the Hoosiers?
                            They're only good if you've got a Top 10 ranking next to your name.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I actually think we prepared so well, that in the first half we forgot to play basketball. The "Havoc" defense slogon got in our heads. Don't get me wrong, VCU's defense was good, but I don't believe it was all "that exceptional" that we shouldn't have been able to deal with it. It's like MTXE, it is a mind game. We bought into the "Havoc" mind game.

Those cow patties is the Texas sun may stink, and you may know that. Now, if you name one of them "THE PUTRID COW PATTY," people will believe it is the worst smelling cow patty ever when in fact it is just another smelly cow patty.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                                I actually think we prepared so well, that in the first half we forgot to play basketball. The "Havoc" defense slogon got in our heads. Don't get me wrong, VCU's defense was good, but I don't believe it was all "that exceptional" that we shouldn't have been able to deal with it. It's like MTXE, it is a mind game. We bought into the "Havoc" mind game.

Those cow patties is the Texas sun may stink, and you may know that. Now, if you name one of them "THE PUTRID COW PATTY," people will believe it is the worst smelling cow patty ever when in fact it is just another smelly cow patty.
                                We need the resident Texas cow patty expert, Kung, to translate this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X