No announcement yet.

Some of this loss boils down to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason we lost is pure and simple, we didn't make shots. In every loss we had this year, we missed shots normally made. Six loses. Two in overtime, two others by 1 and 3 points. The common thread, shooting percentage. It didn't have anything to do with the MVC. It didn't have anything to do with athleticism. Bad shooting happens to good teams, it sucks when it does. We had a great year. We weren't great tonight.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'll take a season like this every year, without question. Tonight shots didn't fall. If you're in the dance, you always have a chance.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Interesting Stat. In every game this year we had a lead in the second half, even our losses.

Comment

We shot very poorly early and then turnovers near the end of the first half really put us in a hole. I don't think the early misses were due to VCU's defense, maybe we were a little to nervous at the start. To me that was the biggest factor causing us to lose. Pretty good second half come back actually and because of that nothing to be ashamed of.
          In the fast lane

Comment

the first game in the ncaa is almost always the hardest. We played like **** the first half last year vs. USC in Dayton. Finally got it going midway through the 2nd half. You guys had a great year. Hope you can build on it. No team we played last year handled the pressure Defense in the tourney - not georgetown, not purdue, not fla state and not kansas. Its not the MVC. Its that teams dont play the style of defense we do and it takes time to adjust to it. You guys handled it way better than most teams did against us this season. you only had 12 turnovers. We average forcing 22 a game. We took stutz out of the game when he was in there with our 7 footer who didnt really play vs. you guys last season. D.J. forced him to miss some close shots he would normally make. If you leave the Valley i hope you find a good home. See you in richmond next season !

Comment

The valley is a good conference. There are too many people on here that are too negitave. I'm glad I'm a shocker. Things didn't fall right tonight but so be it. Hello next season I look forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                The valley is a good conference. There are too many people on here that are too negitave. I'm glad I'm a shocker. Things didn't fall right tonight but so be it. Hello next season I look forward to it
                No the valley sucks balls.

With that said, you play like **** against a good team this is what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  Hello next season I look forward to it
                  Much better things ahead. Much better.

Comment

In 2006, we lost our NCAA game to George Mason for the same reason we lost tonight... poor shooting.. it happens... and it sucks when it does happen...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by wavevcu View Post
                      the first game in the ncaa is almost always the hardest. We played like **** the first half last year vs. USC in Dayton. Finally got it going midway through the 2nd half. You guys had a great year. Hope you can build on it. No team we played last year handled the pressure Defense in the tourney - not georgetown, not purdue, not fla state and not kansas. Its not the MVC. Its that teams dont play the style of defense we do and it takes time to adjust to it. You guys handled it way better than most teams did against us this season. you only had 12 turnovers. We average forcing 22 a game. We took stutz out of the game when he was in there with our 7 footer who didnt really play vs. you guys last season. D.J. forced him to miss some close shots he would normally make. If you leave the Valley i hope you find a good home. See you in richmond next season !
                      You don't understand, there are no teams in the Valley that predominately pressure at all. It's grab, hold and flop. The order of the three depend on which team you are playing.

Comment

The Valley blows, but it's not the Valley's fault we lost this game. The first 25 minutes of rushed shots cost us the game. We didn't turn the ball over but we took a bunch of horrible shots especially early. I'll mark this down as the most disappointing loss I've ever witnessed in all of my time of being a sports fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          Interesting Stat. In every game this year we had a lead in the second half, even our losses.
                          Very interesting indeed.... not the kind of stat that you would expect from a coach that apparently (according to some) can't coach in big games...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

We just need to get better and start dominating the valley. We're not leaving it, so let's be like memphis and destroy the competition.

Comment

Hey let's join the summitt league so we can win every year and get a 15 seed play-in game. Of course we will lose the chance at some good recruits and will really not have a chance to win in the dance

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                We just need to get better and start dominating the valley. We're not leaving it, so let's be like memphis and destroy the competition.
                                + 12 beers!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X