No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame Classic - November 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how getting your ass kicked against a name school in an early season tournament is going to be a selling point to a recruit of any significance. We have to win games to matter. We have to play in March to matter. We have to be relevant to matter. Right now, none of those things are selling points to recruits.

We might be able to sell some playing time at certain positions. We might be able to sell the fact that our coach is a nice guy. We might be able to schedule poorly enough for next year that we can win more games and artificially inflate what we might be. But right now, they just need to figure out how to win. How to coach. How to be accountable. How to motivate. Until that happens, I think you can kiss us being in the top tournaments goodbye. No more Maui. No more Disney. No more good Vegas tournament. No more Atlantis. No more Cancun. We might still stay in the KC rotation just because of the fan base and proximity.

Hell, the way things are going, we may not be in a tournament that we can't bus to until there's a change in leadership.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Looks like the Shocks have their MTE for next season.
      Love this.!!!!!!! Great I get to see the Shocks play in person without having to go Wichita. What a great tounament too.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        When do we learn our Bracket Buster's opponent?
        Not sure who, but we got the 4am game.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Love this.!!!!!!! Great I get to see the Shocks play in person without having to go Wichita. What a great tounament too.
          It’s all making sense now, you live among them. “They Live”. May God have mercy on your soul.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I guess I’ve missed seeing all of the invites to the great tournaments being referenced.

Comment

These tournaments like the number of Shocker Nation that attend. We will continue to get invited. I have been to the Bahamas, Charleston, Hawaii, Vegas and the tournament in KC. Shocker Nation has always been impressive.

Comment

The more I let this sink in, we just need to start consistently winning again. I’d love for us to play the high majors of the world but I want to win above all
                else.

Comment

This saves the athletic department $80,000 in travel expenses. Lots more if it's Cancun, Bahamas, or Hawaii. KC might have been the only tourney the Shox could afford this year.

Comment

Reminder that we’d be playing in this tournament whether we were headed to Final 4 or went 0-fer on the whole season. IB had mentioned this tournament on a radio show early in the season.

I’m fine with playing in KC a couple times each decade. It gives our fans a chance to go to one of these MTEs. It would be nice to have a stronger field but I have faith that the fourth team will be a decent program. Maybe a Top 70ish P5 program. (whistling…)

Considering where our program is right now, it’s more important for us to start winning. Taking two ass kickings from natty contenders won’t help us at all.
                    78-65

Comment

Do they still do the oversees summer tours? If so I hope save that rotation for the next coach.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Do they still do the oversees summer tours? If so I hope save that rotation for the next coach.
                        They'll have to save it. There's no way that would be in the budget at this point. Unless we take a foreign trip to Choctaw Nation to play whatever teams they can put together.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Are we still allowed in Canada?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Are we still allowed in Canada?
                            Heck no, we torched that bridge.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Heck no, we torched that bridge.
                              No I am serious, what happened in Canada that led to the torching of that bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

No I am serious, what happened in Canada that led to the torching of that bridge.
                                Gregg was mean to the refs who were allowing the game to get out of hand and didn’t say sorry.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X