No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame Classic - November 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiled? I wouldn’t say raised expectations due to a decade of good performance is spoiled.

Do you think the Dukes and KUs of the the world would accept an invitation to an event like this?

If WSU wants to take itself seriously, they need to still act as if they are a big time program.
    The Assman

Comment

This has been a good event in the past. I don’t see anything wrong with us playing in this again. I enjoyed going the last time when we beat Iowa and BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Spoiled? I wouldn’t say raised expectations due to a decade of good performance is spoiled.

Do you think the Dukes and KUs of the the world would accept an invitation to an event like this?

If WSU wants to take itself seriously, they need to still act as if they are a big time program.
        Getting embarrassed in a more glamorous tournament isn't exactly a recipe for success.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Getting embarrassed in a more glamorous tournament isn't exactly a recipe for success.
          Fair.

The don’t even have to win them all. Just games against good schools early in the year help harden a team for the later season games.

Not saying UNI or USF won’t be good next season, but it’s a lot easier to sell recruits on playing against Duke in Maui vs playing against Colgate in Greensboro.
          The Assman

Comment

Fair.

The don’t even have to win them all. Just games against good schools early in the year help harden a team for the later season games.

Not saying UNI or USF won’t be good next season, but it’s a lot easier to sell recruits on playing against Duke in Maui vs playing against Colgate in Greensboro.
            Let's start winning against the Colgates of the world.

Any chance we can dust off the Cessna Classic operations manual?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Let's start winning against the Colgates of the world.

Any chance we can dust off the Cessna Classic operations manual?
              Again, I’m not debating winning and losing those games.

When recruits come in, they all think they are going to the NBA, so thinking they are going to beat any opponent isn’t much of a stretch.

Would a recruit rather go to Vegas, Hawaii, and the Bahamas for MSTs or Sioux Falls, Boise, and Albuquerque?
              The Assman

Comment

When do we learn our Bracket Buster's opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  LOL! Post of the day!

Comment

When recruits come in, they all think they are going to the NBA, so thinking they are going to beat any opponent isn’t much of a stretch.

Would a recruit rather go to Vegas, Hawaii, and the Bahamas for MSTs or Sioux Falls, Boise, and Albuquerque?
                    I'd rather go to the Bahamas and I think our recruits would as well. I also think our recruits would like a shot of winning the conference, winning games in the dance, etc...

I'm talking about accepting the gulf between where we were, where we are, and where we want to be. It's hard and I don't like it, but there is very little difference between WSU and several other middling mid major programs.

Do we travel? Sure, if we're winning. Did you see the fans dressed as empty seats in Dickies "arena?" It was only a five hour and change drive from Wichita.

Do we bring eyeballs of neutral fans to TV/Streaming?

Our fall from grace has been precipitous. Let's do what needs to be done to finish in the top four of our watered down conference.

We are stuck with DB and IB for the moment. If you think the rebuild is going to be anywhere near as fast as what Turgeon accomplished I want some of what you're smoking. We are a minimum another year with IB before a new coach comes in and blows things up. IF (big if) that is a good hire we are another three years to sniffing the tournament. Worst case scenario is like an 18 win next season with smoke and mirrors.

There is no, zero, zilch, nada, quick fix for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      Goodness, we have become spoiled little babies.
                      Most big time programs are.

But you’re right. Time to adjust the expectations and goals of Wichita State basketball.

CBI or bust!!!

Oh, and keep giving your yearly thousand$ and deal with it!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

we spent that part of the travel budget on DBs raise

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                          wasn't bracket busters for teams competing for tournament bids.. like on the bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

wasn't bracket busters for teams competing for tournament bids.. like on the bubble?
                            That's how it started, but it morphed into the Summit/Patriot league challenge slash Mid Major eliminator.

Comment

I'm growing more resigned to the prospect that when the next coaching search commences it will require a full rebuild. At least this time around we have the transfer portal to lean upon.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

LOL! Post of the day!
                                Unfortunately, that's not saying much.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X