Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Cant Wait.....

til
    Garrett Stutz, David Kyles, Toure Murray, Ehimen Opurke, and AJ Hawkins can all suit up in that lovely WSU uniform. These are the boys that are savior our the basketball program.
    :yahoo:
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

it's david not davis

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      it's david not davis
      opps my bad,thats what i meant, fixed

Comment

Re: I Cant Wait.....

Originally posted by newshock1234
        til
        Garrett Stutz, David Kyles, Toure Murray, Ehimen Opurke, and AJ Hawkins can all suit up in that lovely WSU uniform. These are the boys that are savior our the basketball program.
        While saying anyone who has yet to play a division 1 game is a savior is ridiculous, I agree . . . I can't wait.

Just don't expect next year to be that much better than this year.

Comment

it's david not davis
          Be careful HP... are you looking for a full-time job? :D
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

As always...I'm always guarded in my expectations for incoming recruits. Every recruiting class is expected to be the "savior." But as the previous few classes can show...it isn't going to happen each year. Both MT and GM have shown they can miss.

Comment

It's not like LeBron James is coming through that door. He's the def. of a savior

Comment

oh i forgot to mention Hannah

Comment

oh i forgot to mention Hannah
                  I was going to mention that.

There are 6 new players in black and yellow next year. That's 6 out of 13. There are 6 players this year who've never been on the court in a Shocker uniform before this year. That's 12 out of 13 in 2 years.

There are 2 walkons getting mid-game minutes this year.

The rebuilding project for this year started in April - AFTER - the late LOI period was done.

We may as well face the fact that Marshall ran into a major rebuilding project at WSU and had nothing but players available after the late LOI period to work with for the rebuilding.

Post-season in 2010is a realistic goal, but I'm afraid many fans will have turned on Marshall by then.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It's not like LeBron James is coming through that door. He's the def. of a savior
                    Too bad we didn't,or couldn't, go after some of the top tier talent in the City League this season. I'm sure Cyphers from SE could have helped next season. I heard we were interested in Garrius Holloman from East but he's only 6'5", possibly another Ryan Martin if he can't succeed at the 3.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

'Realistic optimism' never hurt anyone... particularly after a humiliating and humbling loss like tonight.

Next year will be the true 'beginning', but not the end. Remember, the 'twin towers' and other new players will not be polished masterpieces in their first season (nor would it be fair or realistic to expect them to be), but I suspect we'll be far more competitive and match up better than we do this year. Plus, the current and returning players will have a full season of the 'new system' (which by that time will surely not be called that--I hope) which will help.

Comment

I still dont believe Orupke will ever set foot in Wichita. As much as I want him to I dont think it will happen.

Comment

Re: I Cant Wait.....

til
                          Well, I would go for Hawkins, but the others will be freshmen, and frankly, they won't be tough enough starting out on D-1 ball, that takes some time.

I have not been especially impressed with the Juco recruits, seems like they must not play much defense in Juco ball.

If Orukpe doesn't get here, does that mean Okon might not be here next year?

Comment

Folks, feel free to take any of my posts and tar and feather me if you will in a couple of seasons if I am wrong.

The fact is I am not wrong..... :D

Seriously though.....this season is simply a "cleansing of the palate".

We suffer as much as we need to now and prepare for next year. No we do not have Ewing, Jordan, LaBron and Greg Odon coming in but the players we do are going to step in and contribute right away. There will be no memories of past failures. There will be men established and ready to take charge.

We are going to upgrade every position from day 1.

It is going to be a brand new day and if anyone doesn't want to come aboard or take a wait and see attitude please contact me about purchasing your tickets. I will be happy to take them off your hands.

It's far from a bad day now....but it's going to be a GREAT day very soon.........

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Thanks Dr., I appreciate the optimism. However, I would like to see a few of these players reach their potential....namely PJ. There's only so much a coach can do there and it's disappointing to see our young men underperform when they are capable of so much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X