Check this out- talk about cocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wavevcu View Post
    I worked for VCU for over 20 years and have been a season ticket holder a long time. We FINALLY have some tradition for something other than our art and music programs. There is a big difference between pride and cocky ! We are proud that our team has achieved a lot in the past 2 seasons. More than the past 25 seasons combined in terms of ncaa wins. If you want to continue to be judgemental about us then fine - go ahead. Or you can take it from someone who has spent a good part of his life at VCU and just believe me when i say this Ad was taken out in jest as a fun poke at all the people whose brackets we busted last year. dont you guys have any sense of humor at all ? We made fun t shirts that said "we busted your bracket" last year and had a good laugh about it because obviously no one saw it coming. Dont take everything so seriously or be so quick to be offended when you dont know the reasoning behind things and you dont know the whole story. We love the new rivalry with WSU that is developing. We need more games against good teams like you guys and against teams like Creighton and Butler and Oral Roberts since none of the big schools want to play us. This was not in any way meant to be arrogant. You took it the wrong way completely. It was meant to be fun. Dont tell me you wouldn't be proud as hell if the Shockers went to the Final 4 last year. We are proud and fun. We are NOT cocky and arrogant as you are trying to make us out to be.
    Plenty of humor if you will note by my KU comment.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
    X