Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out- talk about cocky

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...160326693.html:disillusionment:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I like it, I like it a lot!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They beat us last year, so they can this year sounds like their attitude. We sure can not overlook this game though. They will be a tough opponent. I think VCU
      should have gotten a higher seed myself.

Comment

This was a public relations placed Advertisement for fun. it had NOTHING to do with our athletic dept or our basketball team. They had no clue this was going to be in the newspaper. VCU draws a fair number of students from the Northern Va. area so they took out a fun ad about the tourney. Its light hearted humor. It has zero to do with cocky. we are not a cocky school and we are not a cocky fan base. you must have us confused with George Mason fans who think they invented basketball. even tho they have never beaten us once in the CAA tourney they were convinced both this season and last season that they were going to end our CAA tourney run. Well they were wrong both times again. cocky would have been "final 4 here we come again or New Orleans get ready for the Rams. Kentucky fans are arrogant and cocky. VCU fans for the most part are fun natured and love college hoops (no football) and we love our coach and our system. Passionate would be a much better description. cocky we are not !

Comment

Originally posted by wavevcu View Post
          This was a public relations placed Advertisement for fun. it had NOTHING to do with our athletic dept or our basketball team. They had no clue this was going to be in the newspaper. VCU draws a fair number of students from the Northern Va. area so they took out a fun ad about the tourney. Its light hearted humor. It has zero to do with cocky. we are not a cocky school and we are not a cocky fan base. you must have us confused with George Mason fans who think they invented basketball. even tho they have never beaten us once in the CAA tourney they were convinced both this season and last season that they were going to end our CAA tourney run. Well they were wrong both times again. cocky would have been "final 4 here we come again or New Orleans get ready for the Rams. Kentucky fans are arrogant and cocky. VCU fans for the most part are fun natured and love college hoops (no football) and we love our coach and our system. Passionate would be a much better description. cocky we are not !
          Ah just though Wow- even KU doesnt do that and just look how many brackets they have busted in recent years:poster_wu::bball_spin:
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I came expecting South Carolina news...
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Ah, yes, just a little fun bulletin board material for the Shocks. Duly noted, I think it's safe to say.

Comment

My first thought is that the ad will most likely be strategically placed in the Shocker locker room for some added incentive for the guys. However, I'm beginning to lose a lot of respect for VCU, between the ridiculous posts by VCU fans on this forum and now the arrogance of this ad. I thought coach Smart was a pretty classy guy, but I'm not sure the school he represents is. I am eagerly waiting to see the Shocks stuff it in the rams nostrils on Thursday.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I worked for VCU for over 20 years and have been a season ticket holder a long time. We FINALLY have some tradition for something other than our art and music programs. There is a big difference between pride and cocky ! We are proud that our team has achieved a lot in the past 2 seasons. More than the past 25 seasons combined in terms of ncaa wins. If you want to continue to be judgemental about us then fine - go ahead. Or you can take it from someone who has spent a good part of his life at VCU and just believe me when i say this Ad was taken out in jest as a fun poke at all the people whose brackets we busted last year. dont you guys have any sense of humor at all ? We made fun t shirts that said "we busted your bracket" last year and had a good laugh about it because obviously no one saw it coming. Dont take everything so seriously or be so quick to be offended when you dont know the reasoning behind things and you dont know the whole story. We love the new rivalry with WSU that is developing. We need more games against good teams like you guys and against teams like Creighton and Butler and Oral Roberts since none of the big schools want to play us. This was not in any way meant to be arrogant. You took it the wrong way completely. It was meant to be fun. Dont tell me you wouldn't be proud as hell if the Shockers went to the Final 4 last year. We are proud and fun. We are NOT cocky and arrogant as you are trying to make us out to be.

Comment

Well we are not having fun.....grrrrrrr....we are soooo mad....grrrrrrr
                    It cost's $31,000 a year to be a Creighton Bluejay.....ya, for daddy's credit card.

Comment

Yea, don't see anything here that is worth bowing the back for. No mention of WSU...I would be proud to be back potentially busting brackets too if my team made it to the final 4 last year. Can't wait for the ball to be tossed in the air, LET'S GET IT ON!!!

Comment

Head coach Shocker Smart will have his team ready. VCU looks like a good 12 seed. This won't be the 12-5 upset to pick. WSU could be under-seeded who cares, just win!
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good article. Nice to see everybody recognizing everybody.

But back to the thread, we'll see how well VCU does with a target on their backs. Keep putting up the cross hairs.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Nice to see they reached out to interview Marshall for the article?
                              /Respect

Comment

Working...
                              X