Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE ZONE DEFENSE!!!

Don't you?

I mean, we wouldn't want opposing teams to actually take GUARDED shots, no would we?

Re: I LOVE ZONE DEFENSE!!!

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
    Don't you?

I mean, we wouldn't want opposing teams to actually take GUARDED shots, no would we?
    I love defense, period. Any kind of defense.... :cry:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Don't you?

im happy your the ****ing coach
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        Don't you?

im happy your the #### coach
        Newshock, if you're gonna keep coming on here and berating other posters after every loss like you have, you should avoid this site until you cool off a little.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
          Originally posted by newshock1234
          Don't you?

im happy your the #### coach
          Newshock, if you're gonna keep coming on here and berating other posters after every loss like you have, you should avoid this site until you cool off a little.
          well im making a point because he thinks hes a much better coach than Marshall
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

i love all the negative comments about zone defense this year.. What was everyone asking we run last year? Zone.. Let the coaches coach. I think they know more than we do.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
              i love all the negative comments about zone defense this year.. What was everyone asking we run last year? Zone.. Let the coaches coach. I think they know more than we do.

I agree. We can't play man-to-man because we don't have the depth to run with teams all game, so we play zone. We stink at zone, but we don't have much of a choice. Unless someone can think of another defense to play besides zone and man-to-man, or we suddenly find a bench, we're stuck.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Though I know its the nature of message boards, I can just imagine how we would all react if every aspect of our professional lives were scrutinized by others who think they know more than we do about our chosen profession.

Oh wait.

I'm a teacher, so I DO deal with that!
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                  Though I know its the nature of message boards, I can just imagine how we would all react if every aspect of our professional lives were scrutinized by others who think they know more than we do about our chosen profession.

Oh wait.

Most of us would either crawl under rocks or engage in some form of criminal activity against the system....
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                    Originally posted by ShockBand

Oh wait.

Most of us would either crawl under rocks or engage in some form of criminal activity against the system....
                    I doubt it; we can stand the heat!!
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

What defense was played against LSU?

What defense was played against UAB?

Matchup zone. Oh, how quickly some forget.
                      Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

The zone worked against UAB and LSU simply because they weren't hitting from the outside for crap. But when you are absolutely getting lit up from beyond the arc, maybe a different plan should be employed. And I was certainly not one asking for zone last year. Real men play man to man. Zone is for gimick schools.

Comment

Gee, they can run the same 3 offensive plays on us 8-9 times in a row, and we don't catch on to it????

And then, when we are offense, we pass around the perimeter, back and forth, back and forth, Gal tries to make something happen, they collapse on him, and we are done offensively.

None of the other players try to help create, or divert attention, so the open man can get a pass, and even if he does, he can't shoot worth a darn. At least Hatch has the guts to shoot the ball.

I said it before, our team can not afford to lose Gal's points, he is one of our best shooters. And we miss Matt's 8-12 points a game badly.

I am tired of hearing the new coach, new system thing, it's game on, and you better bring your A game.

Comment

Wake up...the problem isn't the D, it might just be that this is a REALLY bad shooting team. What do you expect, to hold the opposition to 45 points a night?

Comment

Boston, the problem is the defense AND the offense. This thread just happens to about the defense...

Comment

Working...
                              X