No announcement yet.

I LOVE ZONE DEFENSE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri St. had a gameplan to break the zone, and they executed it very well. That corner three has been open in every game, and Missouri St. stuck a guy in that corner who can hit that shot. That's going to happen...I thought I noticed a point where they were told to switch to man , but not everyone did, and that made things look really bad. If you combine that with under 30 percent shooting, it's going to look really, really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
      Boston, the problem is the defense AND the offense. This thread just happens to about the defense...
      I'm going to have to disagree. Do we offer the most tenacious D on the planet - no but it's above average. But this is one of the worst offensive teams I have ever witnessed and that's saying a lot coming from a 35 year Shocker fan. If this team was just a mediocre shooting team the D would be more than adequate to put them in the Valley race.

Comment

Real men play man to man. Zone is for gimick schools.
        Quit watching the NBA.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

CGM thinks he has to use a zone defense at times to protect against fouls. Let's face it the team is not that deep. When key players, like PJ, pick up early fouls that takes a lot of flexibility away from Marshall.

Part of the problem with the defense last night was the fact that WSU was not making any shots. They were running different presses after makes and I think that it would be very effective – IF they can do it consistently. And to do that they have to make some shots. The press will, at the very least, give teams like MSU less time to break down the zone.

The offense did look out of sync at times but they did get some good looks. The players, outside of Hatch of all people, just did not have any confidence. You could tell from the body language. MG seemed to try to assert himself when he entered the game but after he failed a few times – he backed off. PJ being on the bench did not help either – although when he was in there he was rushing his shot – very unlike the PJ I am used to watching. As for Mekel – the kid had to be exhausted – he played a lot of minutes last night.

As long as the kids are committed to putting in the effort, despite last night, I am not that worried about the defense. The players just need to get their collective heads out of their ***** and play the game.

Comment

There are gimmick type of zones that can be used, although it may be the same as a matchup zone. (Yes I'm a coach, but I'm still learning about all different types of offenses and defenses, so don't flame me.) I'm thinking maybe try a box and 1, or a triangle and 2. Those are the 2 gimmick type zones I can think of.

Comment

Working...
            X