Fire Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

Agreed!!! I'm watching the Cincy/Houston game right now and Wes Miller just got a T and is showing major fight for his team. I love to see it. These kids know he has their back when things are tough. Unfortunately, I don't think our guys feel that way. I sure wish we had Wes Miller on our sideline. And the crazy thing is, he is making less than our coach. Wow!!
    A segment of our fanbase and administration wanted a nice guy instead of a meanie. And they got exactly what they wanted.

Funny how this can be applied politically too.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
      Is there one thing Coach Brown displayed this entire season that shows he WANTS or has the ability to lead this program moving forward?
      When it was obvious that the game, season were coming to a bitter end against Tulsa, what was his reaction, response?
      Contrast Coach Brown with Coach Huggins in a similar game(last of a disappointing, frustrating year) and his reaction. He was fired up, refusing to have it, fighting for the team, University, fans, alumni! He left no doubt that he was disgusted and demanded better!
      The want to and the ability are two different things
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
        Is there one thing Coach Brown displayed this entire season that shows he WANTS or has the ability to lead this program moving forward?
        When it was obvious that the game, season were coming to a bitter end against Tulsa, what was his reaction, response?
        Contrast Coach Brown with Coach Huggins in a similar game(last of a disappointing, frustrating year) and his reaction. He was fired up, refusing to have it, fighting for the team, University, fans, alumni! He left no doubt that he was disgusted and demanded better!
        I honestly think he knows he's in over his head, hates the job but can't walk away from the life-altering money. I've seen this quite a bit in regular walks of life (albeit not 7 figures).

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I honestly think he knows he's in over his head, hates the job but can't walk away from the life-altering money. I've seen this quite a bit in regular walks of life (albeit not 7 figures).
          I imagine this is correct

Comment

• Wouldn't it be a nice scenario if someone could find a bottom dweller
            program somewhere willing to assume IB's contract and he, his staff,
            TE, MU, Jackson and Jenkins all went with him. Fresh start for all.

Comment

• It is odd to me that all of the former players who congratulated IB via social media when he got the job are quiet in supporting him now. It’s almost like they were happy about his newfound wealth, and find his success or lack thereof inconsequential.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Wouldn't it be a nice scenario if someone could find a bottom dweller
                program somewhere willing to assume IB's contract and he, his staff,
                TE, MU, Jackson and Jenkins all went with him. Fresh start for all.
                Ain't nobody takin that contract

Comment

• What is IBs buyout if he got fired?
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    What is IBs buyout if he got fired?
                    $5,000,000 or thereabouts today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

$5,000,000 or thereabouts today.
                      Goodness, boatright should be fired for offering this travesty
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• About a 99.99% chance this wouldn’t fly, but…

If I was AD, I would beg IB to step down. In return, give him a multi-year contract (maybe guaranteed spot in the athletic dept, or asst coach), starting at $300k per year, going to $500k per year after Marshall gets fully paid off, until IB gets a total $6MM, (have to give him some incentive to step down).

This, theoretically, could give WSU enough $ to find a decent replacement head coach. (Not having to pay both Marshall and IB’s annual salary).

Again, this won’t fly…but man, I’d give something like this a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          About a 99.99% chance this wouldn’t fly, but…

If I was AD, I would beg IB to step down. In return, give him a multi-year contract (maybe guaranteed spot in the athletic dept, or asst coach), starting at $300k per year, going to $500k per year after Marshall gets fully paid off, until IB gets a total $6MM, (have to give him some incentive to step down).

This, theoretically, could give WSU enough $ to find a decent replacement head coach. (Not having to pay both Marshall and IB’s annual salary).

Again, this won’t fly…but man, I’d give something like this a shot.
                          Boatwrong: "Hey Isaac, I have an idea. Why don't you forego your $1.5M yearly salary...for the next 4 years. I will give you the job of watching what Bitcoin does in the course of the day in addition to sitting somewhere on the bench during game days. I will pay you $300K...no, no, wait a minute...it gets better. When Gregg gets his, in a few years, I will give you a 60% raise. Now that is settled, how did Bitcoin do since 60 seconds ago?"

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

Goodness, boatright should be fired for offering this travesty
                            Db was afraid Illinois State was going to snatch him away

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Boatwrong: "Hey Isaac, I have an idea. Why don't you forego your $1.5M yearly salary...for the next 4 years. I will give you the job of watching what Bitcoin does in the course of the day in addition to sitting somewhere on the bench during game days. I will pay you $300K...no, no, wait a minute...it gets better. When Gregg gets his, in a few years, I will give you a 60% raise. Now that is settled, how did Bitcoin do since 60 seconds ago?"
                              I think a 37% raise sounds better
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Bad timing Brent

Comment

Working...
                                X