Fire Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Hell, USC didn’t even let Lane Kiffin get on the plane several years back.
    They have money and they care about the program
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

This is a 20 win roster. The coaching just isn’t there.
      No it's not.. Not even close. And yet Coach Brown record is still better than Gregg Marshall and Mark Turgeon in thie first 2 years when they were Head Coach.. These are the facts.

Turgeon. Year 2001. 9 W and 19 L. Year 2002 15 W and 15 L. Total. 24 W and 34 L
      Marshall. Year 2008 11W and 20 L. Year 2009. 17 W and 17L. Total 28 W and 37 L
      Brown. Year 2021 162 and 6. L. Year 2022. 15 W and 13 L. Total 31W and 19. L

No doubt Brown is coaching in a significantly tougher conference than the MVC. And his record is still better. I think the problem with this teamis when Porter is not playing there is a lack of basketball IQ and not enough players that can score. For example MU is terrible. He can only score 3 ft from the basket. He makes the same move he has been making for 4 years. Still can't pass out of a double team. But the addition of Jalen R and Issac A will certainly help this team. Both can shoot and are athletic.. Please make sure you pass on these facts to Daron Boatright. Coach Brown should be fired because his record is better than Turgeon and Matshall. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

No it's not.. Not even close. And yet Coach Brown record is still better than Gregg Marshall and Mark Turgeon in thie first 2 years when they were Head Coach.. These are the facts.

No doubt Brown is coaching in a significantly tougher conference than the MVC. And his record is still better. I think the problem with this teamis when Porter is not playing there is a lack of basketball IQ and not enough players that can score. For example MU is terrible. He can only score 3 ft from the basket. He makes the same move he has been making for 4 years. Still can't pass out of a double team. But the addition of Jalen R and Issac A will certainly help this team. Both can shoot and are athletic.. Please make sure you pass on these facts to Daron Boatright. Coach Brown should be fired because his record is better than Turgeon and Matshall. Go Shocks.
        you seem to forget, Browns first year was Marshall’s team. Brown might have coached the season but Marshall put it together.

Comment

• Next season should be basically all IB’s guys. Should be interesting to see how things pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Next season should be basically all IB’s guys. Should be interesting to see how things pan out.
            Totally Agree. Let's see what his team looks like.with several guys that can shoot.

Comment

Turgeon left GM a team in shambles. The team Marshall left Brown would dominate that team from 2007-8. You can't compare the two.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Turgeon and Marshall trended upwards from season to season. Do we really want to compare progress and regression?
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Trying to compare what IB inherited roster wise to what MT or GM inherited is ridiculous. Not even close!! He has a better record because of what GM left him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

you seem to forget, Browns first year was Marshall’s team. Brown might have coached the season but Marshall put it together.
                    Brown was also given much better talent to start with than either Turgeon or Marshall had.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This team is bad and getting worse. The trajectory is straight down. We won some close games against garbage teams at the start of the season, somehow took Arizona into overtime, and have been going downhill since (save the Houston and SMU games). Do you honestly have hope for the future of this team? Other than looking at the record in year two, can you share the source of that optimism? Because I'm not seeing it.

Brown took the best player in the league and coached him into a player the fans are happy to see go.

Brown took one of the best rebounding teams in the league and made them pitiful.

Brown took one of the toughest teams in the league and turned them into a team that gets shook by a team like Tulsa.

I have seen no signs of any improvement of any player, except maybe Porter. And I think Porter's successes come virtue of his talent alone. Most players have gotten worse.

The fundamentals of this team are absolutely terrible. Footwork, technique, etc.

We come out of timeouts and look like we have no idea what's happening. We've had games against teams like North Texas where we go 16 minutes without a single point.

I'd go so far as to postulate that we could randomly pull 7 or 8 people off the street with the same talent level as we have, put them out there in Shocker uniforms, and we wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

Just face it. Brown has had an absolutely terrible season by any metric. I have zero hope for the future of this team.
                      Last edited by rjl; March 10, 2022, 05:49 PM.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This team is bad and getting worse. The trajectory is straight down. We won some close games against garbage teams at the start of the season, somehow took Arizona into overtime, and have been going downhill since (save the Houston and SMU games). Do you honestly have hope for the future of this team? Other than looking at the record in year two, can you share the source of that optimism? Because I'm not seeing it.

Brown took the best player in the league and coached him into a player the fans are happy to see go.

Brown took one of the best rebounding teams in the league and made them pitiful.

Brown took one of the toughest teams in the league and turned them into a team that gets shook by a team like Tulsa.

I have seen no signs of any improvement of any player, except maybe Porter. And I think Porter's successes come virtue of his talent alone. Most players have gotten worse.

The fundamentals of this team are absolutely terrible. Footwork, technique, etc.

We come out of timeouts and look like we have no idea what's happening. We've had games against teams like North Texas where we go 16 minutes without a single point.

I'd go so far as to postulate that we could randomly pull 7 or 8 people of the street with the same talent level as we have, put them out there in Shocker uniforms, and we wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference.

Just face it. Brown has had an absolutely terrible season by any metric. I have zero hope for the future of this team.
                        Yep. Watch these kids transfer and become all-conference with some real coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep. Watch these kids transfer and become all-conference with some real coaching.
                          Could be. For some players like Etienne, could be too late. I'm not sure the damage to his game can be undone in one offseason.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Could be. For some players like Etienne, could be too late. I'm not sure the damage to his game can be undone in one offseason.
                            If TE played on the floor with at least 2 or 3 other legit scoring threats and he could just spot up he would be great. He cannot be in an offense where the has to create his own shot. It's that simple.

Comment

I agree with you with your team assessment. People are mistaking athletic prowess and the ability for some players to create their shots with basketball IQ and length, two things I consider part of talent. We are short and most were not well coached in HS, which really hurts an inexperienced coach like IB and exposes him. I could take three Tekele Cottons and two Evan Wessels and run this team off the floor.

The rest of your post is not applicable. Turg and Marshall had D-2 level talent their first years.
                              Last edited by shoxlax; March 10, 2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

How are you still defending this terrible coach? I'd begin to think you were Isaac Brown, but he's never shown as much fight as you do defending him.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X