No announcement yet.

Fire Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll drop into this lounge of belligerently negative posters (you know who you are) briefly to say this; maybe you noticed it, maybe you didn't (more probable), but the players quit on HCIB today. The only player who displayed a 'coachable' attitude today was Pohto. If those uncoachable players that we all saw on the court today leave the team and the end of the season then good riddance. It'll make Brown a better coach, I promise.

To wit: every player, on the court, and on the sideline, who was skinnin' & grinnin' (one of em is the supposed best player on the team) after Shockernet underdog and favorite C. Jenkins (he doesn't even have Juco level handles) got that T for swingin' on the rim in the second half is still on the team next year then HCIB is really gonna' be in trouble.

Comment

HCIB says the same thing after every loss " we need to look at the film". How about making adjustments IN the game. HCIB should have never been given the job, he's unprepared for a head coaching job. Just remember, we didn't play eight games last year because of Covid. If we would have played them, no way we win the league.
      Last edited by Wildcatmo21; February 28, 2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

They are all emotionally young men, and a 40-plus-year old adult getting paid more than $3m a year to deal with them has no business physically assaulting them.

Regardless, I'd like to see what you'd do--or anyone else here would do--if your boss hit you in the back of the head, or told you he was going to screw your girlfriend, or choked you, or physically assaulted you.

Anyone in their right mind is ****ing embarassed that this happened here, and only losers stick up for this sort of thing.

The damage to this program was being done a long time ago. It was festering. We just never knew it. It only surfaced in the spring of 2020. By then, recruits were being told by people in the know to go somewhere else and the team was transferring away en masse. We're looking now at who was brought in to fill the holes.
        Physically assaulted him? Give me a damn break. Time to toughen up a little bit...my god. It's not like he beat him into a friggin coma. The softness of this world anymore is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Physically assaulted him? Give me a damn break. Time to toughen up a little bit...my god. It's not like he beat him into a friggin coma. The softness of this world anymore is pathetic.
          OK, so if Shaq would have got up and decked HCGM would that have been fair game? Showed a little heart?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

Or they could have kept him. My guess is they didn’t have any evidence to fire him.

We as a fan base will continue to suffer for years to come for the simple fact that Marshall was unjustly let go.
            If they didn't have any evidence to fire him, Marshall wouldn't have settled for a penny less than the 15 mil owed to him via his contract.

There was evidence, but it was covered .. so equal fault = split the payout so neither side has to go to court.

Comment

It's obvious HCIB should not be HC. Don't be afraid to see what you see.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                It's obvious HCIB should not be HC. Don't be afraid to see what you see.
                Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

OK, so if Shaq would have got up and decked HCGM would that have been fair game? Showed a little heart?
                  I believe Shaq already decked (literally) a teammate from behind. So, yes, show a little heart for a rap on the backside of the head while walking off from the coach.
                  (This is my understanding of the events, so correct me if wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe Shaq already decked (literally) a teammate from behind. So, yes, show a little heart for a rap on the backside of the head while walking off from the coach.
                    (This is my understanding of the events, so correct me if wrong)
                    I believe it's true. I believe more than one thing can be true at a time. Shaq shouldn't have done that. Gregg shouldn't have hit him. Gregg should have been fired. IB shouldn't have been given a long contract.

None of these are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I believe it's true. I believe more than one thing can be true at a time. Shaq shouldn't have done that. Gregg shouldn't have hit him. Gregg should have been fired. IB shouldn't have been given a long contract.

None of these are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Easy fix. Tell IB the team is being moved to the Southwest Athletic Conference next year if he doesn't resign. If he stays, the level of competition will be more suited to his capabilities as a coach, and the level of athletes on the team will be more on par than in the AAC. WSU will have more wins, lower travel expenses, and I'm sure the AAC won't charge an exit fee to get rid of us.

ETA: I have never seen the program in the shambles it's currently in, and I've been a fan/student/fan since the 60's.
                        Last edited by LoneStar48; February 28, 2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yesterday's game was the first of the season that I chose not to watch. Games against Memphis are a foregone conclusion at this point.

As a fan, I'm willing to give HCIB the offseason to hit the reset button and maybe learn from his mistakes this season. I do not think HCIB is incapable of improvement, but he will need to prove that he is capable of leading a program at this level. However, this team needs a major roster overhaul to go with improved coaching. A lot of players on this team are not AAC-caliber. Of this roster, I hope we keep Ricky Council, Kenny Pohto, Craig Porter Jr, and the redshirts (especially Jalen Ricks).

Comment

Much to my dismay, I think it is going to go something like this:
                            1. At best, the Shocks will lose two more games this year, finish maybe 15 & 14, and be done with the season;
                            2. Many players, a few we will surely miss, will leave after the season ends;
                            3. HCIB will find 2* transfers that are tired of sitting the bench elsewhere, and mid-level JUCO players to fill the roster;
                            4. The Shocks will have another rough year next year; and
                            5. HCIB will be replaced with a "Name" coach.

Beyond that, I'd think that "name" coach will need at least 5 years to build a new program from basically scratch. That leaves the program to wonder in the wilderness for a minimum 6 years. I do feel for HCIB. He did some good work last year, and while the stars did align for him, he managed the weirdness of the season and got the team to the tournament. I think he will be a good head coach someday. He just needs to go get some HC experience before he tries to coach a top 50 program again.

I've thought about it and I'll not quibble over giving HCIB his contracted time. That die is cast. I even think he deserves the gig as payback for rescuing the program last year. I suppose if the deep pockets decide to pay him out, I'd be ok with that also.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              Yesterday's game was the first of the season that I chose not to watch. Games against Memphis are a foregone conclusion at this point.

As a fan, I'm willing to give HCIB the offseason to hit the reset button and maybe learn from his mistakes this season. I do not think HCIB is incapable of improvement, but he will need to prove that he is capable of leading a program at this level. However, this team needs a major roster overhaul to go with improved coaching. A lot of players on this team are not AAC-caliber. Of this roster, I hope we keep Ricky Council, Kenny Pohto, Craig Porter Jr, and the redshirts (especially Jalen Ricks).
                              While this isn't the most talented roster (glaringly so in a position or two) that we've ever had in our recent history, the roster isn't the main problem. We've had rosters without Fred who still won in the past, but they played like a team. We could have easily won 5 or so more games, with a disciplined team who made good decisions, and played as a team. During some games we've played like a team but in several losses, we didn't. 17 or 18 wins would look very good right now.

Comment

Spot on. RC and CP are AAC level type of players. KP will be next season.
                                DD certainly is defensively. TE can shoot it at times but his selfish play has
                                been a detriment. Coaches have not established roles for each player that I
                                can tell and allows them all to pretty much free lance. CP can do that, RC can
                                do that. That's it. KP, a freshman, is the most disciplined player on the team.
                                Bottom line is that IB has allowed the team to run him instead of running the team.
                                Would never have happened with GM.

Comment

Working...
                                X