No announcement yet.

Fire Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really unrealistic long shot, if we want to have a new coach…IB will have to resign, for as we know, we don’t have the money (TU has similar issues with Haith). Only reason IB would resign would be to save his career long term. He continues on this disaster train, he will likely struggle to find a decent assistant coach gig, let alone a HC job unless it was at a much smaller school.

Part 2 of the unrealistic long shot, contact Marshall’s agent (assuming he still has one), and offer to reduce his buy out, but extend the term on a NPV basis. This would at least help in the athletic department budget, and may help financially if they do decide to fire IB.

Again, both major unrealistic long shots…don’t skewer me for the idea, just trying to be creative and be hopeful.

Man, I want this program to be successful and go to the post season every year. This just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

LMAO. Your post is lame. It doesn't matter who is coaching against Memphis. The Shocks don't have the talent to compete. against Memphis. We don't have the size, we don't have.the athletes, we don't have the shooters, we don't have the bench. We have maybe 3 or 5 players capable of getting on the floor with Memphis.

When Brown plays DD and MU at the same time its like playing 3 against 5. DD and MU are not even a remote threat to score. MU is undersized, can't jump, can't rebound, can't defend. Yikes DD is Clangggg. Look at their stats.!!!!!!!!!!! They been here four years. DD still can't dribble and MU still can't even pass out of simple double team.

Until Brown gets more players that can play with RC4, CP, TE, KP, MJ, and CJ we will struggle against good athletic teams. Joe P and QGrant are role players. We need athletic shooters with size and those that can dribble and finish with contact. Go Shocks.
      Isaac Brown recruited most of those players, and it is under his leadership that Dexter and Tyson took major steps backward. I also don't recommend you look at our upcoming recruiting if you think Isaac Brown has more players that can play at the level of Memphis.

Comment

IMHO, the boys with the bucks created this mess and now we couldn't
        fill the gym giving away tickets. They pissed their $$$ away. They
        should take their financial punishment and invest in a new coach ASAP.
        The current coach is in way over his head. Can't afford not to get rid of him
        and allow the great program GM built sink any further. Offer GM's son the
        job for $250K and allow dad to run the team. You know GM would do every
        thing he could to help him succeed. I'm sure GM has plenty of connections
        to go get some better talent quickly to go with CP, RC, KP and Ricks. Maybe
        Abidde. 1-2 year contract with easy out if improvement isn't made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
          Maybe he will be a nice guy, feel bad about the trajectory of his career, and step down.

In all seriousness, I feel bad for him as a person, seems like a nice guy and was kinda forced into this. We just need to do better.
          I doubt IB would ever walk away no matter how bad it gets. He won the lottery with that contract. He would have never made this much money anywhere else even if he would have been offered a head coaching job. He might have been offered a job in a small conference making $250,000 per year if he was lucky. The only winner out of this whole giant mess was IB.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            Brown ain't going nowhere. He's going to be given a 3rd year. He'll be evaluated after that.

I'm not saying it's never happened, but rarely do coaches get fired one year after being selected as Coach Of The Year in their respective conference. Maybe for violations...
            Dwayne Casey was fired as Toronto's head coach, just a few months after being named NBA COY. Nick Nurse was named coach, and Fred helped him win a title! Leaders with vision, Boatright not so much, can see that the current personnel do not have what it takes to get to the top, and cut their losses. WSU is facing a question: More expensive to keep are cut HCIB?

Comment

I haven’t been this apathetic toward Shocker Basketball since Gregg’s first year, and even then, you could tell that he was coaching his ass off, doing everything he could to give his team a chance. IB is a good dude but is so far in over his head that it is pathetic and sad.

If Chris Jans (or a couple other exceptions that I’ll keep to myself for now) is not our head coach next season, I’m done with having season tickets.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If Chris Jans (or a couple other exceptions that I’ll keep to myself for now) is not our head coach next season, .
                Bob Richey

Comment

IB will be here next here no matters what happens the rest of the year. As for his staff maybe two will be here, forced changes coming. They will hope that appeases the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                    IB will be here next here no matters what happens the rest of the year. As for his staff maybe two will be here, forced changes coming. They will hope that appeases the masses.
                    And it won't. What good is a couple new assistants gonna do? Lmao
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by wichita View Post
                      If we didn't pay gregg marshal $7.75 million to force him out & silence him we could afford a good coach. Wouldn't we have owed Marshall nothing if fired him for cause?
                      Or they could have kept him. My guess is they didn’t have any evidence to fire him.

We as a fan base will continue to suffer for years to come for the simple fact that Marshall was unjustly let go.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

Or they could have kept him. My guess is they didn’t have any evidence to fire him.

We as a fan base will continue to suffer for years to come for the simple fact that Marshall was unjustly let go.
                        They had more than enough evidence to let him go. It's just that they had the evidence a long time ago and buried it.

But the truth was boiling to the top. We were missing out on more and more recruits as word was getting around, and when the story broke in the national media, Marshall was good as gone.

Gregg bears just as much of the blame for this mess as Isaac Brown. If a grown ass man can't keep his hands of a bunch of 18, 19, and 20 year old kids (and can't keep from threatening them or their girlfriends), he has no place as a coach.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

S**q might have been immature, but he wasn’t a “kid”
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            Gregg bears just as much of the blame for this mess as Isaac Brown. If a grown ass man can't keep his hands of a bunch of 18, 19, and 20 year old kids (and can't keep from threatening them or their girlfriends), he has no place as a coach.
                            Fire both of them then. What a “numb nut” idiot. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Who cares what happened a half decade ago, and no one who was here is here now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              S**q might have been immature, but he wasn’t a “kid”
                              They are all emotionally young men, and a 40-plus-year old adult getting paid more than $3m a year to deal with them has no business physically assaulting them.

Regardless, I'd like to see what you'd do--or anyone else here would do--if your boss hit you in the back of the head, or told you he was going to screw your girlfriend, or choked you, or physically assaulted you.

Anyone in their right mind is ****ing embarassed that this happened here, and only losers stick up for this sort of thing.

The damage to this program was being done a long time ago. It was festering. We just never knew it. It only surfaced in the spring of 2020. By then, recruits were being told by people in the know to go somewhere else and the team was transferring away en masse. We're looking now at who was brought in to fill the holes.
                              Last edited by rjl; February 27, 2022, 09:33 PM.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

They are all emotionally young men, and a 40-plus-year old adult getting paid more than $3m a year to deal with them has no business physically assaulting them.

Regardless, I'd like to see what you'd do--or anyone else here would do--if your boss hit you in the back of the head, or told you he was going to screw your girlfriend, or choked you, or physically assaulted you.

Anyone in their right mind is ****ing embarassed that this happened here, and only losers stick up for this sort of thing.

The damage to this program was being done a long time ago. It was festering. We just never knew it. It only surfaced in the spring of 2020. By then, recruits were being told by people in the know to go somewhere else and the team was transferring away en masse. We're looking now at who was brought in to fill the holes.
                                This has been rehashed over and over. You’re still wrong but I don’t care anymore, so I’m not going to tell you again.

Comment

Working...
                                X