No announcement yet.

NCAA Watch Party - w/Coach Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I remember right, one of the last "athletic" teams to press us in the full court was Alabama in the NIT. We converted quite a bit off of that.

Turned out alright.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• After today, I am pretty sure we have conclusive proof that Jerry Palm is the worst of the major-site bracketologists.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        If I remember right, one of the last "athletic" teams to press us in the full court was Alabama in the NIT. We converted quite a bit off of that.

Turned out alright.
        Yea that will hopefully (and most likely) be the case. What made me even thin about the press being a problem was when ISUB press caused you guys some trouble. Attack it right and make everybody pay for pressing you.

Comment

• We've got to play the cards we are dealt. Since when has anything ever been easy for the Shockers? If we are good enough, we'll win, and there are no, If Nots!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            All we asked for was an invite to the dance. Its up to us to prove we belong. Doesnt matter who sits in front of us, we got our DANCIN SHOES ON BABY!!!

If you want to see screwed see syracuse.
            Really? I thought Syracuse got the easiest route to the final four. Not saying they will win the games but still...

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              If I remember right, one of the last "athletic" teams to press us in the full court was Alabama in the NIT. We converted quite a bit off of that.

Turned out alright.
              Last Alabama team that pressed us was in San Juan. Didn't like the result.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Alabama had lots of length on the press, that was rough.

I like our chances with the ball-handlers we have and Garrett in the middle.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• We have senior guards and ball handlers. Their press is impressive but we should be able to exploit it with our experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                    I remember us missing 41 shots in our last game. I've already forgotten the 27 wins before that. ;)
                    Me too.

Comment

• Note that 6 of 8 teams that were in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off made the tourney. Only Maryland and W. Michigan were left out.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Note that 6 of 8 teams that were in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off made the tourney. Only Maryland and W. Michigan were left out.
                        For what it's worth - I have both Temple and WSU in my ESPN bracket final four. WSU, Michigan State, Temple, Vanderbilt.

WSU 83 Vanderbilt 74.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jocoshock; March 11, 2012, 08:43 PM.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Lutz is probably already dubbing our game a BCS coaching audition between Marshall and Smart.
                          You beat me to the punch...that's precisely what I was thinking when I saw the matchup....who will be the first to speculate where both coaches will be next year?

Comment

• Im going with Wichita State and..... Um....... Hmmmmmm.... VCU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              KU going down to Detroit. McCallum and company are WAY WAY underseeded.
                              This.

I'd have to look back in history, but off the top of my head, Detroit may well be the best 15 ever in the history of the tournament.

Comment

• Let me reiterate this one valid aspect. "We are just glad to play on a nuetral court." TSK, TSK, TSK!!! Bring it!!! Can u dig it? Groovy!!!!!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X