No announcement yet.

#14/15 Houston at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 2-20-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like early line has Houston by 7......
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Looks like early line has Houston by 7......
      No way we play them within 7. Wish I were more optimistic.

Comment

We're not getting the guard play this year that we were getting last. That perimeter play allowed us to beat Houston here and play them pretty tough there.

Covid (or luck) didn't have anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          We're not getting the guard play this year that we were getting last. That perimeter play allowed us to beat Houston here and play them pretty tough there.

Yah because our inside game is so strong and dominant.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yah because our inside game is so strong and dominant.
            Change the subject, eh?

Our guards have been outplayed all year. Both of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I assume you are talking about Etienne and Gilbert. They scored 11 points on 19 shots against Drake in the NCAA last year. 4 assists and 4 turnovers. I agree Etienne is a shell of what he was most of last year. Why, is the big question.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I predict we play one of our better games of the year, keep it close, maybe even lead much of the game before faltering in the last 3 minutes. 69-62 Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I assume you are talking about Etienne and Gilbert. They scored 11 points on 19 shots against Drake in the NCAA last year. 4 assists and 4 turnovers. I agree Etienne is a shell of what he was most of last year. Why, is the big question.
                  He doesn't have a true ball-handling point guard setting him up. That's not a knock on Porter who is a fair point guard, but definitely not 3rd team all AAC though. No?

If WSU can get the same perimeter performance against Houston that they gave in Wichita last year it's possible that they can win. No lazy half-as*ed passes will get it done though.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 20, 2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X