No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread 2-17-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shocks should win quite a few games if they can score 76, but they won't win many if they give up 85.

The shooting stats pretty much tell the tale in this one.

Cincy 55% - 58% - 67%

WSU 45% - 28% - 65%

The Shocks did outrebound Cincy 37-30. Most of that on the possession where they took and missed 5 shots.

Shocks only had 10 turnovers. Cincy had 12.

Comment

• It's not reasonable to believe we were gonna beat SinSinNasty at their place, but I still wanted to.

We just don't have that grit that kept us in nearly every game under HC3GM. Under his leadership there was always a chance in darn near any game, with darn near any personnel. We were just tough and gritty.

This squad works hard. It has a strong work ethic. I appreciate that, I really do.

But we're missing that grit.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• We found a new way to lose tonight.

Comment

• Yep, seems about right. 2 more Ls are coming.

Comment

• We are as good as any team in the league for about 25 minutes per game, but those other 15 we are the absolute worst.

Comment

• We did battle til the end though. I’ll await IB to confirm in the postgame.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Box score for the Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from February 17, 2022 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

we shot 23% from 3, gave up 53% from the floor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  It's not reasonable to believe we were gonna beat SinSinNasty at their place, but I still wanted to.

We just don't have that grit that kept us in nearly every game under HC3GM. Under his leadership there was always a chance in darn near any game, with darn near any personnel. We were just tough and gritty.

This squad works hard. It has a strong work ethic. I appreciate that, I really do.

We are missing the ability to hit easy shots... Wide open 3s, layups and fast breaks are our worst shots

Comment

• ShockerExpress is probably big mad y’all. He’ll be a no show.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      It's not reasonable to believe we were gonna beat SinSinNasty at their place, but I still wanted to.

Coach lacks the intensity and that rubs off on the team. I still don’t think there is a lot of accountability either.

Comment

• Can’t wait until the sunshine pumperts (all travel paid included), MK has to say.

Comment

• Typical Mike and Cindy apologizing for Cincy shooting so well from 3

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            Can’t wait until the sunshine pumperts (all travel paid included), MK has to say.
                            MK: Be grateful there is a basketball program

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              Can’t wait until the sunshine pumperts (all travel paid included), MK has to say.
                              I don't even bother.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Hey! Sunshine and rainbows

Comment

Working...
                                X