Wichita State at Cincinnati Pregame Discussion 2-17-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    The Shocks will lose. This team just not mentally tough enough to win on the road. This is what's going to happen.

David DeJulius will destroy who ever is guarding him.
    Davenport will have a career night scoring.
    Larkin will shoot wide open 3 pointers at will.
    Morris U will be a no show as usual.
    DD clangggggggg. More missed wide open 3 pointers sprinkled with miss layups and dunks. Yeap wide open dunks.
    TE is no Nigel Pack . More turnovers and extra errors..
    RC4 plays a terrible game as usuall. His pattern is good game, bad game, good game, terrible game. He is consistently in consistent. His partner Monzy will be missing in action. No where to be found. Floating in La LA land.
    Q Grant will fumble several balls out of bounds.
    KP clangggggggg more missed wide open 3 pointers and layups. Fifi is too soft to compete.
    RC4 man just scored 5 layups. Ricky no where to be found on defense.
    Another MU foul and turnover.
    Shocks go on a 9 minute stretch without scoring.
    Craig Porter is no Markuis Nowell. Markuis tore Craig up in their game. And Cincinnati guards are better. It's going to be tough to watch. Shocker fans close your eyes.

Cinci wins going away.

Dude.... www.k-statefans.com/forums/.

I don't disagree with everything you're saying but comparing our players to a shitty Big 12 program that hasn't done anything relevant in nearly 60 years is getting really old. Yes, they beat us this year. But why do you look back at that game every 10 minutes? Especially considering the players you're comparing are guys too just aren't that great either. Barely even all conference level. Wouldn't make a difference if you swapped TE for Pack or CP for Markuis Nowell.
    Last edited by Onegreatracer; February 16, 2022, 11:16 AM.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      I like the Shocks chances in a close game, IF, our primary ball-handler makes right decision/s, doesn't throw mind numbingly stupid passes, and hits free throws. Just like last year.
      [/ATTACH]
      by primary ball handler, do you mean the guy in the first 98% of the game (Porter) or the last 2% of the game (Tyson)

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Dude.... www.k-statefans.com/forums/.

I don't disagree with everything you're saying but comparing our players to a shitty Big 12 program that hasn't done anything relevant in nearly 60 years is getting really old. Yes, they beat us this year. But why do you look back at that game every 10 minutes? Especially considering the players you're comparing are guys too just aren't that great either. Barely even all conference level. Wouldn't make a difference if you swapped TE for Pack or CP for Markuis Nowell.
        I'd say Elite 8s in 2010 and 2018 are relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

And a couple of Big 12 titles in there as well.

Comment

Is this a K-State fan board now?

Comment

Didn't Rolando Blackman take them deep in the 1980's. That was within 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

How quickly we forget when it doesn't really interest us. Whether K-State fans want to admit it or not, "Squeaks" is a solid coach. I know this isn't saying much, but he sure put a clown suit on IB.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    Didn't Rolando Blackman take them deep in the 1980's. That was within 60 years.
                    K-State is tied for 9th all-time with Villanova with 13 elite 8 appearances.

1948, 1951, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1964, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1981, 1988, 2010, 2018

I believe Mitch Richmond lead the 1988 team. Now that was a good basketball player.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

How quickly we forget when it doesn't really interest us. Whether K-State fans want to admit it or not, "Squeaks" is a solid coach. I know this isn't saying much, but he sure put a clown suit on IB.

I will say this to Bruce Weber’s credit…someone who has worked with him has told me he is great to work with and is a super nice guy. Even if he’s weird.

Interesting trajectory as a coach, but it sounds like he is a decent dude to the people he comes in contact with. Which I can appreciate.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

What's the line on this game? With it being at Cincinnati I would think the Bearcats will be a 3-4 point favorite.

If Cincinnati plays a full game like they did in the 2nd half at home against Memphis this week I don't think the Shocks have much a chance.

It is a winnable game for the Shocks but only if the play at least 30 minutes of good basketball. Which has not be a very common occurrence this year. Hopefully, having Craig for this game will be a difference maker and I think we are going to need another good game from Dex and Ricky.

No prediction. If I had to place a bet straight up I would go with Cincy. But a Shocker win would not totally Shock me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          What's the line on this game? With it being at Cincinnati I would think the Bearcats will be a 3-4 point favorite.
                          Don't know but that has to be close since Kenpom has them practically dead even on a neutral court. Sagarin has them slightly lower than us but so close that their home field advantage gives them a 3 point edge.

We could steal one here if we play our best and SinSinNasty is flat at all.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I just don’t think this is a type of team that steals much of anything.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yeah, the opportunity is there, but we haven't shown the ability to take advantage of these opportunities.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I just don’t think this is a type of team that steals much of anything.
                                Well, actually, we rank 68th nationally in defensive steal percentage. So we do steal a decent amount.

(Yes, I know your comment was rhetorical. I just need something positive here.)
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X