Who's going to the NCAAs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to the NCAAs?

I'm still on the fence, depending on where it's played. Hoping for Nashville but have family in Portland.

Going anywhere and everywhere...just like in '06. Judging by flight prices today, this could be costly.

Comment

I don't have the time or money to do so. Hopefully one of these days that changes.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Will ill go if its in Louisville, Omaha, Alberque, Columbus, or Nashville.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

For anybody that hasn't gone to the NCAA tournament...If you get the chance and can afford it, go. I've even went when the Shocks weren't playing, and it is awesome. When the Shocks are playing it is even more special. It is the MVC tourney x10. Especially if you go to a city that has lots to do by the arena like OKC or Dallas.

Comment

Unless we drop to a 7 or 8 seed, Omaha, Greensborough and Louisville are out and likely Columbus and Pittsburgh too.

That leaves Nashville, Portland and Albuquerque.....I am begging for The Pit. If we wind up ANYWHERE but these 3 locations, I'd be stunned.

Please Albuquerque!

Comment

I won't go if I'm sick.
              “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
              John Wayne

Comment

I could only get Thursday and Friday off work, so it will depend on where they play and the travel logistics. I did not go in 2006, because of work, but I told myself if I got the chance again I would go. If the basketball gods could give me a guarantee that they would win their first 2 games that would be great, and I would go no matter what.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

My current plan is to go anywhere the Shocks are placed. Portland would be a very expensive trip - it is really too far to drive and airfares there are pricey on a good day. With 3-4 days advance purchase, they could approach $900-$1000 from ICT. One benefit for me is that my daughter lives within walking distance of the Rose Garden!

Does anyone know if there is anything in the works for a charter to any of the more distant sites? It probably wouldn't be much cheaper, but the timing and logistics should work out better.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

We'll be there - no matter where they are sent. Greensboro in 2006 is still one of my greatest all time memories!!!! This time we'll share the experience with our boys who have been to 95% of all home shocker games that have occured in their lifetimes!
                    Can't wait to find out where we are going!

Comment

Certainly

Columbus - Definitely

Nashville - Oh Yes.

Pittsburgh - Absolutely

Albuquerque - Maybe

Portland - Nope.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I have too many March business conflicts, however IF
                        it should happen, I'll be heading south by foot, plane, train or auto prior to
                        March 31-April 2, 2012. I was there for the NCAA Regional Finals in 1981
                        and can't begin to explain the 'once in a lifetime' feeling
                        (Please God, help make it twice).

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Put in for tickets to STL, BOS & NO.

Comment

Nashville, Columbus or Pittsburgh...absolutely.

Elsewhere...nope.

Comment

I plan to go to any of the first round sites. Albuequerque would be my preferred site, followed by Nashville.

Comment

Working...
                              X