Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of talk here about switching conferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, its all good. Your post was just really troll like. You have to realize, there is no tone in wordedthe posts unless you directly indicate otherwise, leaving the tone up to the reader. Also, new posters have to basically earn respect unless they are known previously from other boards. Respect=being allowed to call out other posters. One more thing. 99% of this board is opinion and speculation. That is all.

Oh, and welcome to Shockernet. There is a forum where you can introduce yourself.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
      Troll????? LOL. I didnt know you had to affirm ur fandom on this board, but if want a Bio here you go....I attended my first WSU game in 1978 against Indy St. and Larry Bird. It was a great game, Cheese was out but Tyrone Augburn (sp) had a great game but WSU lost it late by 10. My second game was later that year against the second best team in the league, NM St. It was senior nite, Cheese had a great game, I still remember winging american cheese slices around Levitt. Can you imagine the school passing out cheese slices pregame, what a great clean up that must of been. Anyway the Shox won a great game in the last minute. Now can you imagine someone remembering those games 35 years after the fact if they are not a fan? You are right, I didnt go to WSU my three brothers did. I did go to a Big 8 school (not in KS) and although I root like crazy for that team you cant take the city out the boy and I am now a SASO donor and season tix holder. As far as my accurate statement regarding Football, my point is if a program like KU has to scramble to keep its place in a BCS conference because they dont bring the TV sets then teams like WSU are not going to be able to dictate conference affiliation. You can thank the four letter network for that...cant even watch the Rose Bowl on free TV anymore....Ty ESPN. As far as Moose...being a new poster....and doing a search. I have been a long time lurker here and after the ISU loss everyone was talking about leaving for a better conference in game threads....I just dont see any options out there but I wanted get everyone's take. I guess there were four (not 20) other threads from the past dedicated to this.... sorry I missed them. Good nite
      As far as the athletic dept. passing out cheese slices for fans to wing around the arena that was during the Ted Bredehoft era. The guy was a huge promoter and showman. WSU always had some very different and wild promotions during that era.

One of my favorites was when they brought in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for a football game against Memphis St. Cessna stadium was awfully full that day.

Comment

Sure is getting testy here while we wait to rinse the taste of the ISU game out of our mouths with a victory in the NCAA tourney.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          One of my favorites was when they brought in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for a football game against Memphis St. Cessna stadium was awfully full that day.
          Or the camel races. Guess Ted had a thing for humps and bumps.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I miss Shocker Mountain.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
              Sure is getting testy here while we wait to rinse the taste of the ISU game out of our mouths with a victory in the NCAA tourney.
              I think your right Spangler. I've probably been a little over the top with WillieJeffJefferies. I'll let it go.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Or the camel races. Guess Ted had a thing for humps and bumps.
              Humps and bumps. LOLOLOLOL :highly_amused:
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

IMO, I think that WSU could, at some point, restart their program. Right now, they're at a deficit because they didn't churn out tons of graduates for many, many years. KU and KSU will always be the big boys on the block, but we graduate a LOT of kids - almost as many as the other 2 - and have some great alumni with deep pockets.

You don't have to look any further than the University of Houston to see what WSU might be able to do in another 20 or so years. They're a tier 1 university, division 1 football program. Most of this came on the backs of all those urban students.

WSU has the same chance. Time is on their side. At some point, I might consider giving several thousand dollars to the University if I knew it was going to be used to start up a football program (not now, I have a wedding to pay for). Graduate thousands of young men and women over 50 years or so, it IS possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                  I think your right Spangler. I've probably been a little over the top with WillieJeffJefferies. I'll let it go.

Humps and bumps. LOLOLOLOL :highly_amused:
                  I guess that's the problem with message boards you cant read emotion....All my reply's are done with a laugh just like I was out having a beer with fellow shox fans. Of course Im always right and my buddies are morons.....:smug:

Comment

BTW...KU going down to BU

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                      BTW...KU going down to BU
                      Welcome to our world.......a world where we know we're the better team, but circumstances result in unexpected outcomes.

Comment

Working...
                      X