5. Great game by Clarence Jackson
      6. With RC4, we get the ball in the middle
      7. Mo giveth, he taketh away
      8. Never noticed Chapman. Thoughts?
      9. Tulsa is really not very good
      10. way too many block-charge calls
      MK slander? Why?

Comment

• I was glad to see Kenny Pohto and Chaunce Jenkins get some meaningful minutes in this one. If we are going to be bad, we'd might as well play our future (if they stay). This matchup was favorable for KP since Tulsa does not have a major inside presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          3. Joe Pleasant bringing the ball up against pressure
          I'm pretty sure this was not supposed to happen. Usually JP is involved in the passing to move the ball up from the backcourt but not the dribbling. Also, I can guarantee that nobody is teaching JP to pick up his dribble the second he gets over the half-court line lol. I often wonder why WSU doesn't every try to blow past the press by dribbling rather than attempt zig-zaging passes to move the ball up. The back and forth passes usually take 8-9 seconds off the shot clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm pretty sure this was not supposed to happen. Usually JP is involved in the passing to move the ball up from the backcourt but not the dribbling. Also, I can guarantee that nobody is teaching JP to pick up his dribble the second he gets over the half-court line lol. I often wonder why WSU doesn't every try to blow past the press by dribbling rather than attempt zig-zaging passes to move the ball up. The back and forth passes usually take 8-9 seconds off the shot clock.
            I'm convinced that JP has an identical twin who goes to practice for him and dominates. That's all I can come up with.

Comment

• Stop wishing Chapman was here. Wasn't impressed when he was committed to us and I'm sure as hell not impressed with him at Tulsa.

I suppose he could come home and play for Newman
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Can we just wear MTXE jerseys all the time? They look so good.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                  Made two new Shocker fans tonight. A couple of tech sales folks who happened to be in town and I had extra tix. They loved the experience. Sorry if this is too positive. I will lie about their comments if you prefer to paint it that way.
                  Tell us more, tell us more… we like a “positive” every now and then and the Lord knows we could use it. Even WstateU (former sunshine pumper) hasn’t seen the sun-shine recently.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm convinced that JP has an identical twin who goes to practice for him and dominates. That's all I can come up with.

Comment

Made two new Shocker fans tonight. A couple of tech sales folks who happened to be in town and I had extra tix. They loved the experience. Sorry if this is too positive. I will lie about their comments if you prefer to paint it that way.
                      Me too. I had a couple of extra tickets. Asked SN to help me out and snap...I got to hang out with ShockerDropOut and his wife. What a great experience. The Shockers win and I meet two great people. We connected over the fact he worked and retired from the Sedgwick County Fire Department and my dad was one of its pioneers. Thanks ShockerDropOut for putting up with me making this win even better. I hope you and the Mrs. got home ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Tulsa is so bad, that we beat them while shooting 32% from the field and 28% from deep. Yuck.
                        The teams were pretty much equally bad until the Shocks had a good 7 minutes beginning with about 11 minutes left in the game when they outscored Tulsa 19-4 led by Ricky and Kenny and capped by a rare 3-point make by Dex. During that stretch Ricky and Kenny were a combined 5-6 from the field and 4-6 from the line to account for 14 of those 19 points. Two of the baskets, one by Ricky and one by Kenny, were put backs off of offensive rebounds. The 20 seconds before this Shocker run started Tyson missed 2 threes and committed a foul.

Excluding that stretch by Ricky and Kenny, the Shocks were 26.4% from the field and 61.5% from the line.

In the final four minutes of the game the Shocks only managed 2 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Me too. I had a couple of extra tickets. Asked SN to help me out and snap...I got to hang out with ShockerDropOut and his wife. What a great experience. The Shockers win and I meet two great people. We connected over the fact he worked and retired from the Sedgwick County Fire Department and my dad was one of its pioneers. Thanks ShockerDropOut for putting up with me making this win even better. I hope you and the Mrs. got home ok.
                          I probably made a wise decision not attending the game... these old bones ain't what they used to be.

Not sure how it looked in person, but the crowd appeared to be decent considering the weather (and teams recent struggles) and sounded pretty loud. I know it was an ugly game, but I actually have a glimmer of hope moving forward. Player of the game Kenny Pohto said we're going to win the rest of our games. Go Kenny Go!

Comment

I'll put a little negative on your post to help you out.
                            2 things:

1 - they are from Texas where the college basketball experience sucks.

And/or
                            2- you said it, salespeople, they say anything to get a sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

MK slander? Why?
                              He brings zero objectivity. Way too homerish to take seriously. Big part of his job appears to be PR related. Sort of Baghdad Bob-ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Can we just wear MTXE jerseys all the time? They look so good.
                                Meh. I agree they look badass but you risk cheapening everything it stands for.

Comment

Working...
                                X