who is the most prominant shocker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu
    Jason got plenty of PT from day one. In fact his freshman season he pretty much single-handedly beat the mildcats up in the Bramlage Masoleum.
    You're right, but he did come off the bench for most of that season.

Comment

I think the key word in the original question is "deep". As in, guys who probably weren't expected to contribute much.

Comment

Deep is the key word, but Steve Kalocinski really had a greatly improved year under Gene.

Comment

Does Jason ever come around anymore?

Comment

One of the least prominent Shockers ever (in terms of PT) to have the greatest influence on the success of a Shocker team was Cameron Ledford.

Comment

Tom Kosich...

:D
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I've seen Jason often at Shcoker games.

Comment

Paul Guffrovich

Frosh 5.9 ppg, 2.2 assist/g
                  Soph 8.9 ppg, 4.5 assist/g
                  Junior 10.7 ppg, 3.5 assist/g
                  Senior 15.8 ppg, 2.5 assist/g

Shocker MVP Senior year
                  2nd Team MVC Senior Year
                  4th all-time in Steals

Comment

Someone averaging 6 points as a freshmen is not a back bench player.

It is still a great question, and we still don't have answer.

Comment

This is not an answer to this particular question, but made me think of something else. Who do any of you believe was the most wasted Shocker of all time? A former Shocker player, whom I won't mention, had an opinion that he offered up to FSF, and I think he had a point. He thought Robert George was a player that could have helped us much more then he allowed to contribute. He went on to say to me around Robert's last home game as a Shocker, that he was the most wasted player in Shocker History. Sometimes it can just be a bad fit for the players skills versus what his Coach wants or needs in his particular System.

My dream was for Skip Nickerson and Robert George to play in the same back court as Shockers. Gayland skipped town and went to K-State which I did not feel was a very good fit either. Later, Skip played a couple 10 day contracts with the Atlanta Hawks. I told him when he was here playing, that I believed he had the tools to play in the NBA someday if he worked hard---very very hard.

Mark Hutton was a player we signed that never played here. He looked like a sure bet to me for the NBA, but he never made it. He later played with Auburn (I think). However, I watch him one game on the tube and did not feel like that was a good fit either? Why? The game I watched, Auburn was loaded with Guards that had a focus on running and gunning, rather then working the ball inside to Hutton. One of them was Wesley Pearson (I think) that did end up in the NBA. Does anybody know if Robert George or Mark Hutton ended up playing in Europe or elsewhere?

In the meanwhile, this post has me grasping to no avail for some good answers. Maybe a good question for Mr. Mike Kennedy?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

what about Paul Wright Jr aka Big Show..

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
                          what about Paul Wright Jr aka Big Show..
                          Big Paul Wight did go on to make a lot of money :D
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

FSF told "hot dog fingers" to get into Pro Wrestling. He did along with Hulk Hogan etc., and so my question is this--------" Where is FSF commish?" For crying out loud!!!!!!! ;-) :shock: :whistle: :cry: Maybe my check is in the mail----or not. :roll: :clap: :(
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              This is not an answer to this particular question, but made me think of something else. Who do any of you believe was the most wasted Shocker of all time? A former Shocker player, whom I won't mention, had an opinion that he offered up to FSF, and I think he had a point. He thought Robert George was a player that could have helped us much more then he allowed to contribute. He went on to say to me around Robert's last home game as a Shocker, that he was the most wasted player in Shocker History. Sometimes it can just be a bad fit for the players skills versus what his Coach wants or needs in his particular System.

My dream was for Skip Nickerson and Robert George to play in the same back court as Shockers. Gayland skipped town and went to K-State which I did not feel was a very good fit either. Later, Skip played a couple 10 day contracts with the Atlanta Hawks. I told him when he was here playing, that I believed he had the tools to play in the NBA someday if he worked hard---very very hard.

Mark Hutton was a player we signed that never played here. He looked like a sure bet to me for the NBA, but he never made it. He later played with Auburn (I think). However, I watch him one game on the tube and did not feel like that was a good fit either? Why? The game I watched, Auburn was loaded with Guards that had a focus on running and gunning, rather then working the ball inside to Hutton. One of them was Wesley Pearson (I think) that did end up in the NBA. Does anybody know if Robert George or Mark Hutton ended up playing in Europe or elsewhere?

In the meanwhile, this post has me grasping to no avail for some good answers. Maybe a good question for Mr. Mike Kennedy?
                              Robert George was a great player on at least one NCAA team.

How was he wasted?

Comment

Zarko! :wsu_posters: 8)
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X