Winning is secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I think your last sentence is where a majority of SN sits.
    Hope the boosters feel the same.

Comment

graduated in 2002, season ticket holder from 2004-2018 (cancelled due to plethora of tickets on secondary market).. always supported shocker athletics in my adult life.. traveled to more games than i can imagine - including st louis (just columbia this year). estate plans include saso..

i think that gives me a right to be critical of the athletic department. we seem to be at the line in the sand of "no return".. lack of effective leadership, bad decisions etc. a trip down memory lane (90's) will be much tougher to recover from this time around due to name/likeness.

stand by and watch? what, play to the end like the band on the titanic? naaah

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

This is a truism lost on far too many.
        It’s easy to want to return cancel culture tit for tat. See Carhartt.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Hope the boosters feel the same.
          There is a difference between supporting the program and endorsing it publicly with your product.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Watching SMU thump Memphis on their home court shows me 2 things. Penny is a TERRIBLE coach with all the talent he has and more importantly; he put a clown suit on IB and the Shockers at our home court. The brand of "street ball" we are playing is not going to work in the AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

There is a difference between supporting the program and endorsing it publicly with your product.
              Coming from Texas and being a longhorn fan, Ive seen big time boosters who don't use a product to endorse the longhorns. They have many grads in different fields the this money to the university. Some designate different schools within the university to use their donations, Some donate to a special project (locker room, science bldg, etc.). And some just give to a department like athletics or engineering. Some give enough to get buildings named after them, just like WSU. Other big time donors you know nothing about without digging into the donor lists. All of them carry the power to force changes as a group.

Comment

They keep score. The end.

Comment

Working...
                X