No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Temple Pregame Discussion 1-19-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they have a 5 days quarantine rule for "close contact". If Porter has Covid, that means everyone on the team is under quarantine. Freaking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Tyson - 6-8 attempts (unless he's wide open and hitting)
      Dex - 3-4 attempts
      KP - 2 attempts
      Joe - 1-2
      Porter - 2-3
      Qua - 2-3
      RC - 3-4
      Monzy - 2-3

I can see how you can get up to 20
      The team averages 24.4 3pt shots a game.

As for ETN, he has had 3 games where he was hot: 17/40 / 42.5%. Also 1 where he wasn't. 1-11. His next 4 volume games were 8 to 9 shots and shot well in all of them: 14/34 / 41.2%. In what one could call his stinker games from 3, he's never shot more than 6 shots and was 2-17 for 3 games. Outside of the 4 highest shot volume games, he's averaged 6.45 shots per game.

Two players (based on small sample of 15-16 games), have not done well with their version of high volume of shots.
      Dexter: When he shoots 5 or more 3s: 8-36 22.2%. Under 5, he's 33.3%
      Monzy: When he shoots 4 or more 3s: 2-9 22.2%. Under 3, he's 42.8%

RC4 has shots the 3rd most 3 pointers so far this season and is shooting 32%. However, outside of 2 games, he only shot 22.5% on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        they have a 5 days quarantine rule for "close contact". If Porter has Covid, that means everyone on the team is under quarantine. Freaking stupid.
        Wouldn't that have postponed this weekends game then?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor notes that the players are vaccinated but may not all be boosted and that possibly causes contact tracing quarantine
          That makes more sense that this is because of contract tracing - but it is stupid that it is because of not "being boosted".

Comment

I'm guessing that at least 4 guys tested positive yesterday. 5 days quarantine for a positive test would knock out games through Saturday.

Comment

For those with season tix.........how many home games cancelled would it take for you to reconsider your investment? It seems that once again rules and regulations on COVID fly in the face of any logical thought to the business of basketball. It seems this university is going the wrong direction in almost every concievable perspective possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                I wonder how they don't think they would have 7 players and a coach available for Saturday's game? Is WSU just ducking road games? With CDC guidelines, pretty much if you are symptom free u are good to go.
                For all the issues, WSU did NOT duck ECU on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  How the F can a game that is a week away be postponed already?? That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Should they postpone if one of the players is exposed to the flu?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

How the F can a game that is a week away be postponed already?? That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. Should they postpone if one of the players is exposed to the flu?
                    We live in bizzaro world now.

Welcome aboard.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Maybe WSU should just cancel the rest of the season for the health and welfare of team. Save some money and just prepare for the portal action.
                      Your not allowed to think or post about the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                        For those with season tix.........how many home games cancelled would it take for you to reconsider your investment? It seems that once again rules and regulations on COVID fly in the face of any logical thought to the business of basketball. It seems this university is going the wrong direction in almost every concievable perspective possible.
                        I'd have to see how they handle the cancelled games before I decided.

Comment

no games = no losses = win

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                            We can still salvage a winning season!

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

We live in bizzaro world now.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                                The math checks out.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X