Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State at Temple Pregame Discussion 1-19-22

CANCELLED
    TEMPLE (10-6, 3-2 AAC) vs WICHITA STATE (9-7, 0-4 AAC)
    WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2022 | 6:00 PM CT
    Philadelphia, Pa. | Liacouras Center
    TV: ESPN+ w/ Harry Donahue (pbp) & Fran Dunphy (analyst) and Nicki Jones (Reporter)
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: Temple leads 6-5 (2-0 in Philadelphia)
    LAST MEETING: Feb. 7, 2021 in Wichita (WSU, 70-67)
    Last edited by wichshock65; January 18, 2022, 11:04 AM.

Who knows what will happen at this point. Hopefully a win but a loss wouldn’t shock me at all.

Comment

WSU will win eventually, and then IB will get a contract extension.

Comment

I can't predict a win until I see Tyson stop thinking he has to do everything. He's not good enough or smart enough to do what he thinks he has to do. That's going to continue to hold the team back even more.

The OG AAC Owls - 65
        The Limp Noodles - 58
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Porter doesn't play and they run that hellified 1-2-2 press all game, they beat us bad.

Comment

Our ability to win has gone up in smoke.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I can't predict a win until I see Tyson stop thinking he has to do everything. He's not good enough or smart enough to do what he thinks he has to do. That's going to continue to hold the team back even more.

The OG AAC Owls - 65
              The Limp Noodles - 58
              We seem to have been on the same page much of the time. Can you name a poster who
              pointed out TE's detriment to the team earlier and more consistently than myself? His most
              recent comments merely cements what I have thought all along. I've also pointed out that
              IB's handling of TE has been terrible. Think the same about KP's and just the team as a
              whole generally. I am adamant that not using KP more and experimenting with him at the
              four spot is a big mistake. He has more upside potential than any other player and the
              sooner people notice the better. As I have said, much of that potential is actually of an intangible
              nature but it is there.

Comment

we lose at Temple with better teams. I say we lose this one by 4.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

We seem to have been on the same page much of the time. Can you name a poster who
                  pointed out TE's detriment to the team earlier and more consistently than myself? His most
                  recent comments merely cements what I have thought all along. I've also pointed out that
                  IB's handling of TE has been terrible. Think the same about KP's and just the team as a
                  whole generally. I am adamant that not using KP more and experimenting with him at the
                  four spot is a big mistake. He has more upside potential than any other player and the
                  sooner people notice the better. As I have said, much of that potential is actually of an intangible
                  nature but it is there.
                  TE was correct in every post game comment. Let’s not get that fact in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

He was correct that he's used to shooting 10 three's a game. He's wrong in thinking that's a must or even a good idea. He's right that we usually shoot around 30 a game. He's wrong in thinking that is what we need to be doing. This team can't shoot well enough to justify more than 15 attempts a game unless someone is on fire early and keeps firing away and hitting. And most of his attempts have been nothing short of horrible. Had we taken 30 attempts last game we lose by much more.
                    Last edited by SubGod22; January 18, 2022, 09:27 AM. Reason: stupid autocorrect
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He was correct that he's used to shooting 10 three's a game. He's wrong in thinking that's a must ir even a good idea. He's right that we usually shoot around 30 a game. He's wrong in thinking that is what we need to be doing. This team can't shoot well enough to justify more than 15 attempts a game unless someone is on fire early and keeps firing away and hitting. And most of his attempts have been nothing short of horrible. Had we taken 30 attempts last game we lose by much more.
                      15 is probably the right number. There were so many opportunities for inside out three point attempts… those are the good ones. Especially mid second half. IB seems to think 20 is too many and TE thinks 10 is too few. They are both right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Our ability to win has gone up in smoke.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Except I'm pretty sure TE thinks 20 is too low as well. His arrogance has gotten to him, but I don't think he believes the rest of his teammates should shoot 10 or fewer combined. Especially when four of five of them hit at a better rate than he does. And none of them hit at a rate that justifies more than 4 attempts or so a game.

This team is a BAD outside shooting team. Worst in the conference, at least before the last game. At least most of the guys, excluding TE, mostly take open shots in rhythm. They just can't seem to knock them down better. TE takes very few of those and it's why he shoots about 10 percentage points lower than he should and is capable of. He simply doesn't know what a good shot is anymore and it's killed his professional dreams and the teams ability to win games. None of that will change until IB grows a backbone and stops trying to be his best friend and starts being his ****ing coach.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

GodTEGod
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

nature but it is there.
                              Your exigency to pat yourself on the back and pump yourself up speaks volumes about who you are.

This board is full of intelligent people that don't need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X